…THE DALMAR will change your mind about what a hotel can be…of how a Hotel can transform the city that surrounds it…It will be a hotel unlike anything Fort Lauderdale has seen. A hotel that celebrates the city’s past, while shaping its future. In the process, it will establish itself as a vibrant cultural hub in the local scene – and an essential destination for the global creative class.
- SINCERE: builds emotional connections with guests through empathy and thoughtful service
- NON-SCRIPTED: treats guests like individuals, avoids corporate sentiments and brings their personality to each interaction
- ENGAGING: great storytellers with the ability to draw out lifestyle cues from guests and recommend local experiences that match their interests
- SENSE OF PRIDE: doesn’t perceive their role as forced servitude; they are driven by a personal connection/passion for what the hotel stands for and its reason for being
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Steward position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and clean.
- Must notify Manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Observe adherence to all safety protocols including correct use of clean supplies.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report to work on time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent experience
- One or more years of related experience
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation and proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to compile facts/figures in a timely manner; identify, investigate, and resolve matters.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Display effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.