posted February 13, 2019Hilton Garden Inn Providence
Hilton Garden Inn is searching for a dedicated, experienced full-time (2nd shift)Maintenance Engineer to join our team!
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Engineer performs interior and external preventative maintenance along with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC repairs in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Responds to engineering service calls. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform interior and exterior preventive maintenance and repairs such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC. Respond promptly to elevator breakdowns. Maintain accurate maintenance records.
• Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
• Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
• Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
• Prompt reporting to engineering management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
• Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
• On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
• Attend department meetings as scheduled.
• Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
• Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
• Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma and training in building maintenance. Two or more years of experience in building maintenance or related experience. Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper preventive maintenance and repair policies, procedures and brand standards. Ability to properly use engineering tools and supplies. Ability to timely complete assignments, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job and it is performed inside and outside with equipment, machines and/or operating a motor vehicle. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks that requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The physical requirements include extended walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 pounds. While performing job duties, the associate is required to listen, speak and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
We offer an array of company sponsored and voluntary benefits to full and part time team members! We believe that taking care of our team members is a top priority, and because of this, we work diligently to provide you with the best benefits available!
Full time (30 hours/week) team members are eligible for:
Industrial meets nautical at our Hilton Garden Inn Providence. As the only waterfront hotel in the Providence area, we offer rooms with stunning harbor views as well as convenience to water activities. Located on the trendy East Side of the city, visitors will find plenty of dining and shopping options on Wickenden Street, within walking distance of our property. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to downtown and surrounding areas.
Guests can start their day with your choice of a delicious breakfast options at our on-site restaurant or grab something to go from our Pavilion Pantry, open 24-hours. We invite guests to sip their morning coffee on the outdoor patio with soft seating and waterfront views.
Our rooms are designed with traveler's needs in mind. From the plush hypoallergenic pillows to evening room service, 49-inch HDTVs and complimentary WiFi, we cover it all.
We are ready to host events at our Providence hotel in the flexible 1,052 sq. ft. of meeting space with on-site catering and A/V equipment available.