posted April 17, 2019Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach
DIRECTOR OF GROUP SALES
POSITION OVERVIEW: As the Director of Group Sales, you will report to and assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in establishing group sales goals, forecasting group revenues, budgeting and management of the Sales office. In the management function, you will assist in the training, development, coaching and counseling of the Sales team. You will have a sales booking goal and will also assist Sales Managers with booking groups, particularly in the area of joint calls, joint site inspections and entertaining. To ensure team overall success, you will assist with the attainment of budgeted goals and coordinate direct sales activities such as road shows, blitz's, group promotions, etc. You must have a minimum of one year experience in managing group sales. Attendance at designated industry and client related functions is required. Experience creating prospecting plans within electronic sales tools such as Envison, Knowland, CVENT, etc. and ability to analyze reports and trends, prepare monthly reports, and assisting the Director of Sales and Marketing in the preparation of group sales budgets and forecasts.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assign all leads in all portals to the appropriate group sales manager
* Actively prospect and qualify new business
* Monitor and handle inquiry calls and emails
* Provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
* Review all sales contracts and addendums, rate agreements and food and beverage minimums; ensure that client and hotel has executed all contracts per hotel standards
* Arrange and conduct special events, sales blitzes, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients
* Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly room and F&B revenue and goals
* Assist DOSM with month end sales-related reports
* Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
* Perform monthly one on one sessions with group sale managers to review quarterly action plans, call reports, and revenue goals; provide guidance and counsel toward improvement as necessary.
* Assist in setting and maintaining revenue goals and solicitation goals for each sales manager
* Ensure Hyatt Brand training compliance for all group sales managers is conducted regularly and standards are met.
* Attend Daily Business Review to assist in making optimal decisions on group business
* Ensures all approved group feeder city trips and trade shows are measured for ROI
* Review with DOSM your own quarterly action plans and achievement of team and individual goals
AWARD-WINNING DINING AND CONVENIENT SHUTTLE SERVICE
Relax during your stay in Orange County, California in one of the 343 newly renovated hotel rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach. Enjoy conveniences such as on-site dining, wireless Internet, a fitness center and beautiful outdoor pool and spa.
If you’re flying in via John Wayne Airport (SNA), take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle to and from the hotel. We also offer regular shuttle service to South Coast Plaza, the West Coast’s largest shopping mall or, the luxurious Newport Fashion Island outdoor mall.
During your visit to Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach, indulge your taste buds with fresh California flavors at our award-winning restaurant, or relax with a glass of fine wine or your favorite adult beverage in the hotel bar. Enjoy In-room dining throughout the day.