posted February 16, 2019Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - University Area
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken and experienced Group Sales Manager who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell our property.
As a Group Sales Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing group business.Eligible Manager (OEM) position. This means that you’ll be paid for all compensable time and will earn overtime pay for time worked above the established regular-time work week. While most hours will be spent working in the office, we understand that some hours will be spent outside of the office. We value a healthy balance between work life and your personal life. If you’re interested in joining a progressive and fast-growing company, this could be the job for you!
Key responsibilities of a Group Sales Manager include
• Managing group accounts including corporate, association and smerf market segments to maximize business potential
• Negotiating group business that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
• Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
• Identifying new business that fits sales parameters
• Consistently making cold calls
• Aggressively pursuing new accounts on a weekly basis
• Consistently booking repeat business
• Developing long term business relationships
• Making on-site and field presentations to prospective clients
• Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Applies an in-depth knowledge of Evolution Hospitality’s tools to find opportunities to increase profitability.
• Building a Systemic Service Culture
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
• Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
• Track record of developing long term relationships
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
501 Huron Boulevard SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
141 Room Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Minneapolis-University Area is situated east of downtown Minneapolis on the University of Minnesota campus, two blocks from Stadium Village light rail station. Across the street from the University of Minnesota Clinics and Surgery Center, this upscale hotel will excite with contemporary décor and DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, baked fresh and awaiting your arrival.
Our hotel is across the street from the TCF Bank Stadium, home of the Golden Gophers and minutes from the US Bank Stadium, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Watch a game at Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins or at Target Center, home of the Minnesota Timberwolves. You’ll also be close to Fairview Hospital and the Minneapolis Convention Center.
This Minneapolis hotel offers standard rooms and spacious suites. Choose from one king or two queen beds with other amenities such as an oversized work desk and ergonomic chair and 43-inch HDTV. You’ll appreciate the mini-refrigerator, coffeemaker and plenty of outlets to charge all your devices. We also offer covered valet parking if you are traveling by car.
Plan an event in our 6,500 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space with floor-to-ceiling windows and impressive views of TCF Bank Stadium and seating for up to 250. Your guests will appreciate the amenities we offer including a heated indoor pool, 24-hour business center and a Made Market offering made-to-order meals, beverages and travel essentials.