The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of the Front Desk staff, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety. Supervises check-ins, check-outs, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, and federal, state and local regulations. Supervises the processing of guest bills and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing company, hotel and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
What you will be doing
- Supervise the Front Desk staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Supervise and process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Supervise and process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Supervise and process pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Other duties and tasks as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in hospitality management, business or related experience. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of guest service and the ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.