posted January 25, 2019DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Doheny Beach - Dana Point
We are currently looking for a Operations Supervisor to join DoubleTree Doheny Beach - Dana Point..
As a Operations Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for supervising the operational activities of the hotel within corporate and hotel guidelines to provide the highest standards of customer service, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Key responsibilities of a Operations Supervisor include:
• Supervising procedural aspects of the hotel’s front office, maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods
• Observing employees while they work to ensure that the front desk team is checking guests in and out of the hotel in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner
• Ensuring guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
• Performing front desk agent duties as necessary, such as registration, check out and processing room reservations for guests
• Assisting employees with questions and problems as they occur
• Ensuring that all Elite guests, VIP guests and repeat guests are identified, recognized and pre-blocked
• Ensuring proper execution of VIP requirements, including room requests, amenity placement, welcome letters, gifts, etc.
• Monitoring cash handling, credit card totals and deposit slips to ensure accuracy
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
• Assisting with the training, coaching and development of team members
• Assisting with interviewing and hiring team members
• Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
* Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
The ideal Operations Supervisor candidate will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• One to three years front desk experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
• Understanding of full service hotel products and guest services
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests and team members using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
34402 Pacific Coast Highway
Dana Point, CA 92629
196 Room Hotel
Watching the sunset over the Pacific Ocean from our Longboard Rooftop Lounge is the perfect way to unwind at the DoubleTree Suites Doheny Beach - Dana Point. Located on Pacific Coast Highway, directly across from world-famous Doheny Beach. Our newly renovated Dana Point Hotel offers a perfect oceanfront beach getaway while on vacation, traveling on business or planning a meeting or event in in South Orange County.
The hotel’s idyllic location, adjacent to Laguna Beach and San Clemente, and mid-way between San Diego and Los Angeles, provides the perfect destination for leisurely vacations to the California Coast, staycations for residents of L.A., San Diego, Orange, and Riverside Counties, and road weary business travelers.
Delight in our newly renovated all-suite hotel featuring rooms with spacious bedrooms and living areas, or upgrade to a suite with stunning ocean views and inviting fireplaces. Surfboards and a fire pit welcome as you drive up and you’ll also find a relaxed, coastal vibe throughout the interior of the hotel. Relish the warm California sun by the outdoor pool in the hotel’s courtyard while sampling some refreshing drinks and snacks. Our popular Doheny Surf Restaurant serves up a range of specialties and American favorites. With more than 13,000 sq. ft. of meeting room facilities, this is a great venue for meetings and events. Flexible indoor and outdoor function space make this the best choice for a memorable meeting or social event.