posted December 28, 2018Holiday Inn Hartford East
Friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic front desk supervisor needed for busy hotel!!
The Front Desk Supervisor assists the Front Office Manager in managing the Front Office operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Ensures that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service agents in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
* Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
* Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote IHG Hotels and brand-specific marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out.
* Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
* Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
* 1-2 years Front Office/Guest Service experience in a similar sized operation is required.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
The Holiday Inn located in East Hartford, CT is tucked into an upscale corporate office park and within walking distance to Downtown Hartford. We're easily accessible from Interstates 91 and 84, only 12 miles from Bradley International Airport (BDL). Guests can unwind with a workout in our expanded 24-hour fitness facility or with a few laps in our indoor heated pool. Guests can bring friends and colleagues together at the newly renovated restaurant and our lounge. We are ready to host events and our convention and banquet staff can help plan the menu and transform our newly renovated 9,000 sq ft into a memorable location for a meeting, conference, or celebration.
We are conveniently located 2.4 miles from the famous Rentschler Field, home of the UCONN Huskies and near businesses, like Travelers Insurance, United Health Group, Aetna and many others. In addition, this smoke free East Hartford hotel is equipped with a 24-hour business center. We know that business travelers appreciate being able to work on the go, which is why we offer complimentary wireless high-speed internet access and voicemail in every room. We also have a convenient work station set up in our restaurant with ample plug-ins and space to work while enjoying a meal.