As the IT support Manager, you will provide technical and telecommunications support to the property. Your leadership will include effectively communicating, managing, and delivering systems and procedures that align with Corporate and Brand IT and Telecom standards. You will manage project plans and deliver the implementation and upgrades of major systems to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
You will also provide solutions such as installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance. In addition to this, you will support the troubleshooting of problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, providing end-user training and assistance.
More specifically, you will:
- Set up and maintain computer software and hardware for Team Members.
- Direct, set up, maintain, and monitor property servers including back-ups, property LAN performance, telecom systems, and workstations.
- Administrate hotel systems including supporting the hotel IDM Administrator. You will assist with registration as required.
- Collaborate with HSC and all vendors to ensure the timely resolution of IT issues.
- Act upon support calls passed by Hilton Support Center (HSC) for systems and applications not supported by HSC or that require onsite support.
- Use network-monitoring tools to perform periodic health check of systems.
- Run and monitor PBX system performance to assure reliable and uninterrupted operation of hotel telephone communications.
- Watch and solve problems related to the entire communications system to resolve if problem is telephone hardware or cable.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to figure out efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs while facilitating correction of PBX alarm conditions.
- Deliver training to new users, relocating existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voicemail and access codes.
- Oversee monthly company cell phone usage and equipment, ensuring that the most cost-effective plans available are utilized.
- Monitor proper controls to make sure that all hotels meet SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements. This includes evaluating systems to help hotels comply with corporate standards.
- Research and identify business opportunities for technology. This includes reporting your findings and conclusions to upper management.
- Evaluate property needs and technology solutions to improve profit and/or efficiency while leading initiatives within parameters.
- Maintain documentation through Hilton's internal systems (Team Sites.
- Prepare a status report of all activities in the hotels as requested.
- Work within the defined IT budgets for the property.
- Contribute to departmental, and operations meetings as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years in Information Technology or experience in a comparable telecom field
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three years in the hospitality industry or related IT field
- Cisco or Microsoft certifications
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment, preferably in an environment with more than 50 nodes and 2 or more domains (Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications (applicable Microsoft network admin certifications: MCSA or MCSE)
- Experience with the following Hospitality related applications and systems: PMS, POS, Keycard, PBX, Voicemail
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!