Would you like your mornings free? Are you looking for a job with a great work environment with a steady pay and a flexible schedule or perhaps a set schedule to fit your lifestyle? A job that offers benefits to include 12 PTO days; vacation time after a year of employment; medical benefits after 60 days; 401k after one year of employment; daily complimentary employee meal or travel discounts applicable to at least seven hotel brands?
Well, The Verve Crowne Plaza Hotel in Natick has just the right position for you! The upscale Verve Crowne Plaza –MetroWest Premier Hotel is currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join the team!
Responsible for the operation, repair and maintenance of the property and its equipment. Responsible for performing general repair and maintenance such as plumbing and electrical systems, checking electrical systems such as A/C controls, television sets, lighting systems, and making minor repairs and replacements. Responds to guest calls. Responsible for familiarity of fire alarm, sprinklers and domestic water shut off valves.
· Respond in a courteous manner to Supervisors, Associates and Guest questions, complaints
· Check with Supervisor or board for work orders each day.
· Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely and professional manner.
· Completes checklists and maintenance reports in an accurate and timely manner.
· Makes systematic checks of all guest electrical circuits; being able to repair most in room
· Perform minor repairs to electrical, mechanical, HVAC, kitchen, plumbing and telephone.
· Perform work on guest room televisions to determine proper working order; repair cable
television system as needed.
· Perform effective repairs to guest room equipment such as toilet, faucets, towel racks, room air
conditioning, telephone, shower diverter, smoke detector, room locks, etc.
· Repair and maintain furniture.
· Complete minor cutting and threading of pipes, soldering/brazing, electrical repairs, and other
· Caulk and paint holes in tubs.
· Document all work performed, materials/parts needed and/or used for any work performed, and
time worked on each project. Complete P.M. sheets on scheduled rounds or rotation and return
completed sheets to Chief.
· Assist in documentation and maintenance of all required logs and reports.
· Maintain current inventory of parts and materials.
· Utilize and maintain equipment, tools, supplies, and work spaces properly.
· Police grounds daily and remove trash.
· Check smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and sprinkler valves and document inspection.
· Help Chief identify any persistent, consistent, or major maintenance problems.
· Work with and keep lines of communication open between all employees to provide a smooth
· Assist Chief Engineer with additional maintenance/engineering duties as assigned.
· Strong project management skills; managing time effectively and prioritizing for results
· Ability to plan resources effectively, anticipate obstacles and develop solutions
· Highly resourceful, flexible and creative in solving problems
· Ability to work on multiple projects and execute with a high level of quality and accuracy
· Excellent decision making skills
· Ability and desire to adapt quickly to change.
High school diploma required. Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in related field (i.e.: Hotel Management, Business Management, Marketing) preferred.
· Preferred: minimum of (2) years Experience in Maintenance
This position description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Whether you're in town for a business event, wedding, group gathering or weekend getaway, the chic, The VERVE Hotel is the only name you need to know for the best accommodations in the area. From our amazing specials and packages to our incredible service to the gorgeous meeting and event space designed to meet your needs and exceed your expectations, our full-service hotel in Natick, MA offers everything you require for a most enjoyable stay in the greater Boston area.
For breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you don't have to go far for great food when you stay at The VERVE Hotel. Our luxurious, Boston area hotel offers creative cuisine at the Pantry restaurant. Our signature restaurant champions the art of American cooking for power breakfasts, social lunches, and business dinners. Reminiscent of a modern-day version of Julia Child’s kitchen, Pantry is a treasure trove of design features that weave culinary “tools of the trade” into the room’s architecture. “Chandeliers” of silverware, walls constructed of rolling pins and muffin tins, and video monitors showing episodes of such iconic cooking shows as Julia Child’s The French Chef and Graham Kerr’s The Galloping Gourmet alongside Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals and Emeril Lagasse’s Emeril Live. The Pantry menu is what truly takes center stage in the Pantry, with a modern and clever take on American comfort food. Fresh seafood, prime cuts of meat, composed salads, sandwiches, and desserts give a deliberate nod to regional influences of the American cooking scene.
Violet Thorn is the hotel’s chic new lounge serving premium hand-crafted cocktails from seasoned mixologists and a fine selection of small plates and flatbreads from the Violet Thorn kitchen. The stunning interior design of the room blends supple fabrics and textures with artful use of lighting; a water wall, fireplace and media wall accentuate the venue’s vibrant ambiance.
The Verve Hotel has guiding principles of...Engage. Express. Live More! We deliver these principles through our brand promise and our service delivery.
Grooming and Appearance Standards of The VERVE Hotel
In addition to the following standards, visible tattoos, body painting, and body piercing jewelry are prohibited. All tattoos must be covered by the uniform. Associates will always appear crisp, polished, and well fitted, and will wear a name badge on their left lapel. A fresh, clean appearance is required and achieved by daily bathing and grooming.