posted January 5, 2019Abbington Distinctive Banquets
Looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and creative Catering Sales Manager to handle high volume wedding, social, & corporate event planning!
The Abbington is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and creative Catering Sales Manager to handle high volume wedding, social, & corporate event planning. This individual will be responsible for solicitation, planning and execution of various types of events, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining the Abbington standards of excellence.
• 4 year college degree preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
• Must have successful high volume sales experience with an emphasis on wedding/social events, preferably in hotels.
• Posses a passion for exceptional customer service, attention to detail, and be extremely guest driven.
• Must be well organized, have excellent written & verbal communication skills, and maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
• Must be willing to participate in weekend/evening office coverage, and flexible to work over a normal 8 hour shift.
• Knowledge of Food & Beverage operations preferred.
• Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and able to learn custom catering software.
• Valid Illinois driver's license & background check required.
• Reports to the Director of Sales and Catering
• Responsible for providing exceptional customer service and contributing to the financial success of the Abbington.
• Responsible for selling, planning, executing, and evaluating various types of events & functions:
• Selling: handling inquiries and incoming leads in a proactive manner, conducting site tours & sales presentations, completing contracts/bookings to always maximize function space and exceed revenue goals.
• Planning: consult, plan, up-sell, and detail functions to meet client’s expectations and budgets including space requirements, timing, equipment, menus, food tasting, themes/decorations, and others.
• Executing: prepare appropriate paperwork, including banquet event orders, floor plans, and invoices. Manage contracts, deposits, and accounts receivable for all events in a timely & accurate manner. Coordinate event details with appropriate departments, participate in event/staff meetings, maintain communication between Banquet Manager, Room Captain, and service staff regarding customer requirements and to ensure that guest expectations are met and exceeded.
• Evaluation: conduct post event reviews with pertinent departments to insure a continued high level of service and customer satisfaction, perform client follow up surveys, and pursue repeat bookings.
• Work with management to create, implement, and price event menus & packages.
• Develop, maintain, and monitor individual sales programs with the Executive Vice President.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of banquet/event procedures, products and competition, knowledge of the special event market in the Chicago area, and be constantly aware of current lifestyle and food trends.
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all Abbington departments to coordinate and execute events to ensure the highest quality customer and event services.
• Full Time Management Position
• Weekends and Evenings, Standard
• Competitive Salary plus Excellent Bonus Program
• Paid Vacation
• Excellent Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Life, Retirement Plan and more.
Abbington Distinctive Banquets is the Western Suburbs premier Banquet and Event facility. Seating 100 to 1300 guests, the Abbington has over 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. It is conveniently located near Chicago’s Corporate Technology Corridor, 25 miles west of Downtown Chicago & 1 mile from I-88 and I-355 tollways.
Featuring finely appointed ballrooms, full service staff, world class cuisine, impressive architecture and stunning surroundings, the Abbington has been named "The Jewel of the Western Suburbs".
About the Abbington Team: http://www.abbingtonbanquets.com/about/