posted February 9, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
We are currently looking for a Chief Engineer to lead our Engineering Team at the brand new Vespera on Ocean, an Autograph Collection Hotel, located in Pismo, California.
As a Chief Engineer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the entire hotel property, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment with particular attention towards safety, guest satisfaction, security and asset protection. In addition, you’ll be accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Can you say Jack of All Trades? Here are some of the things that you’ll be responsible for as a Chief Engineer:
• Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
• Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems
• Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications
• Testing the salt water pool for chemical balance and operational condition
• Maintaining effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
• Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
• Supervising Engineering associates including hiring, training, evaluations, development and disciplining
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, purchase requests and expenditures
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner
• Responding to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations
• Acting as the safety coordinator for the entire hotel including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards
• Maintaining a safe and working environment throughout the hotel for all associates, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety
• Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire and Safety Laws
• Recommending capital expenditures and acquiring bids as appropriate
• Managing expenses within approved budget guidelines
• Assessing critical repairs and facilitating an immediate and cost effective response
• Implementing and managing procedures and practices that ensure quality assurance for work performed by hotel maintenance teams
• Ensuring that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering
• The ideal candidate for the Chief Engineer position will meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Engineer in a hotel, hospital, or building, including two years in a supervisory capacity
• Must have brand experience at properties of similar size and quality
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment
• Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.