posted April 18, 2019Hilton - Greater China & Mongolia
With 15 world-class brands across more than 109 countries, Hilton has set the benchmark for hospitality across the world for nearly 100 years. We are looking for a luxury and hotel openings communications lead to develop and deliver strategic communications for APAC.
As Director, External Affairs - Hilton Greater China & Mongolia, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Seek to protect and enhance the reputation of Hilton amongst Government officials in Greater China, with a focus on demonstrating the positive contributions being made by Hilton to society as a responsible corporate citizen.
• Monitor and influence development of legislation and regulations of interest to Hilton in Greater China - partnering with Hilton’s legal team to navigate the governmental landscape and work to correct or mitigate government actions and policies as necessary.
• Provide guidance to Greater China leadership team as it relates to policy and regulatory matters which may impact the achievement of company objectives - particularly in connection with portfolio growth, loyalty, digitalization, diversity and reputation.
• Enhance the visibility of Hilton and its relationships with government officials in relevant departments of the national government and work to ensure that national policies are aligned with the needs of our business.
• Build relationships with government officials in provinces where Hilton has hotel operations or planned development to ensure that policies are aligned with the needs of our business.
• Work in coordination with Hilton’s legal and wider corporate affairs team where outreach or response to government officials is required.
• Assist Hilton’s development team with government affairs outreach necessary for specific development projects - working to correct or mitigate government policies that impair development projects.
• Prepare communications for senior management on pending governmental and policy issues, including background materials, talking points, speeches and testimony.
• Coordinate with the communication and corporate responsibility teams to identify new opportunities to help protect and enhance Hilton’s reputation.
• Maintain regulator communications with senior executives at Hilton as well as General Managers in our portfolio properties to ensure that government relations objectives are aligned with business objectives.
What are we looking for?
University level qualification in government relations related degree
Professional certificates in government relations related degree
10+ years of working experience in related positions.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
4205, Bund Centre 222 Yan An Road
East Shanghai, 200002
We believe Hospitality isn’t just a job; it’s a journey of self-discovery, growth, community and cultures. Our Team Members are extraordinary professionals who work together to deliver exceptional experiences for all who walk through our doors. As we continue to grow and innovate, our Vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” has never faltered. We are more than a room for the night. We create heartfelt experiences for Guests, meaningful opportunities for Team Members, and a positive impact in our Communities.