The Catering Sales Administrator will assist the Director of Sales, Director of Catering/Events, Sales Managers, and Catering Managers in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications through the sales team as well as light selling duties to small groups and functions. In addition, also responsible for ensuring that the administrative functions for all Sales and Catering positions are handled. The Catering Sales Administrator is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
Customer Service Expectations:
- Provide the highest quality customer service at all times. Greet guests and employees in a friendly manner. Collaborate with all departments to ensure sales events are properly coordinated and exceed guest expectations.
- Develop a full understanding and knowledge of standard operating procedures for the hotel and all outlets. Perform check-in and check-out procedures, answer and transfer calls and make room reservations.
- Follow Widewaters Hotels Telephone Etiquette Procedures and direct phone calls to the appropriate manager.
- Attend to phone inquiries and walk-ins in absence of the Sales Manager/Director of Sales. Must be able to analyze business and qualify customers. Accurately quote room rental and rate information to potential clients. Follow up by phone when appropriate.
- Must have a thorough understanding with Sales Pro and other hotel sales applications used on a daily basis.
- Type and process all contracts, proposals, memos and general correspondence for sales/catering staff.
- Type and distribute all banquet event orders, banquet checks and Daily Event Sheets
- Type, process and distribute all RFP’s as directed by DOS
- Type sales contracts, BEO’s, correspondence, reports, forms, direct mail pieces, etc., as needed by sales team
- Site inspections for the department as needed
- Maintain constant paper flow of thank you letters for groups/functions and distributes accordingly to departments and maintain in files.
- Call clients for guarantee numbers for functions 72 hours prior, creates/closes house accounts and complete AV order.
- Organize in house deliveries, amenities, welcome letters, transportation schedules, etc. as needed.
- Attend and participate in scheduled sales, staff and revenue meetings and others as assigned. Take minutes of the meeting as required.
- Maintain existing sales files and create new files as needed. Input data into database.
- Continuously monitor all meeting room rental and revenues.
- Prepare and distribute all outgoing sales correspondences. This will include faxes, proposals, contracts, letters, sales kits, and deposits. Review documents for accuracy and provide information to other departments as necessary.
- Where applicable, create, revise and distribute all banquet event orders; place banquet orders with the catering company; call clients for guarantees and provide catering company a final count. Greet all clients prior to events, check in with them during the event (at a designated break time) and again at the end of the event.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are set up appropriately making sure they are clean, presentable, and have proper AV equipment available if needed.
- Assist with decorating and creating themed catering events or meetings.
- Maintain Group Contact Binders.
- Complete any administrative tasks assigned by the Director of Sales.
Networking and Marketing Duties:
- Have a clear understanding of all selling strategies set by the Corporate Director of Revenue Management to ensure revenue maximization. Be knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate and RevPar goals.
- Become an active member of a local networking group as assigned. Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings as needed. Keep abreast of all social media networks. Record and maintain a lead log for these sources.
- Coordinate in-person appointments, prospecting calls, and site tours as outlined for this position.
- Take advantage of cross selling opportunities between cluster properties. Participate in sales training programs as required.
- Visit existing clients monthly to thank them for their business. This may be a joint visit with the
- Sales Manager/Director of Sales. Track all future business opportunities.
- Assist the Sales Manager/Director of Sales in planning of property specific sales blitzes and client events. Maintain a client database for future marketing campaigns.
- Inform Sales Manager/Director of Sales of potential opportunities or concerns.
- Where applicable, proactively solicit prior year catering events for repeat business. Assist Sales Manager/Sales Director with creative ideas to capture meeting room business. Meet all set activity goals, and conduct a weekly “hour of power” prospecting calls from a qualified list provided by the Sales Manager/Director of Sales.
- Assist Sales Manager/Director of Sales on assigned portions of the marketing plan by gathering historical and competitive data. Take part in goal setting and creating an action plan.
- Complete the requirement for face to face appointments, prospecting calls and site tours as outlined in the job description.
- Prepare Sales Kits, keep marketing material stocked and assist in reordering collateral.
- Order and/or create advertising tools as directed (flyers, print ads, banners, etc.).
- Attend brand required training by the hotel if applicable.
- Must actively promote and sell room rentals including AV rental equipment to meet or exceed booking goals..
- Learn and apply all hotel emergency procedures as required.
- Create and maintain a clean organized sales office.
- Assists others as needed on special projects, as necessary.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additionalduties and information.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of at least one year of sales and marketing experience preferred.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.