posted April 23, 2019Hilton - Greater China & Mongolia
The Director of Digital Product Management will be responsible for design, development, delivery of Hilton’s new digital assets including mobile web, app, wechat, and other platforms. The candidate will be responsible to drive feature, capabilities, enhancements, and functions into delivery. The product director is expected to be a digital China native who understands emerging technologies, cultural trends, and able to articulate them into a coherent product vision, strategy, and roadmap that meet the needs of the enterprise and its customers. This position will be expected to work within an agile framework to enable and support the commercial team in China. This role has a high degree of collaboration with technical and design teams across different functions and regions allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in hospitality.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Digital Product Management, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Director of Digital Product Management will be involved in design, development and delivery of digital products including mobile web, App, WeChat and other 3rd party platforms/channels. A successful candidate would have superb product management, problem solving, communication, team work, scrum, and stakeholder management skills. Other responsibilities include writing user stories to continuously deliver high quality b2b and b2c digital and automation products.
This position will be expected to establish solid partnerships with the commercial organization to ensure cross-functional alignment and ensure clear understanding of the pros and cons of feature requests. The candidate is also expected to help fill gaps throughout the product development cycle when critical or complex issues arise. Additionally, this position will lead to mentoring and or managing new product managers, developers, or other team members to build Hilton’s product management core compentency in China.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions with the percentage of time performing each function to be determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the organization.
What are we looking for?
As Director of Digital Product Management serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with focus and accuracy
• Digital China native
• Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands based on feature pros and cons.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detailed oriention, logical, and passionate about documentation
• Self starter, growth mindset
• Experience in product strategy and roadmapping for customer facing web, app, social platform that require complex systems integration
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams in diverse locations
• Strong working knowledge of agile methodologies
• Experience in working in English speaking multi-national corporation
• 7 years product management or engineering experience
• System level knowledge on China based payment solutions e.g. WeChat Pay, Alipay and their respective know-how to online payment integration.
• 2 years of QA or UAT experience
• Experience with test automation tools
• Knowledge of big data and its applications
• Working knowledge of architecture principles and APIs
• Web administration experience is a plus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
4205, Bund Centre 222 Yan An Road
East Shanghai, 200002
We believe Hospitality isn’t just a job; it’s a journey of self-discovery, growth, community and cultures. Our Team Members are extraordinary professionals who work together to deliver exceptional experiences for all who walk through our doors. As we continue to grow and innovate, our Vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” has never faltered. We are more than a room for the night. We create heartfelt experiences for Guests, meaningful opportunities for Team Members, and a positive impact in our Communities.