Both AM and PM positions needed by someone with experience in oyster shucking.
Must be friendly and approachable when customer facing, but fierce for mise en place and break down.
- Assist with cold section when needed.
- Assist in inspecting the cleanliness of the line floor and all kitchen stations. Maintain and strictly abide by proper storage procedures and state sanitation and health regulations. Notify Maintenance of any needed repairs.
- Assist in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
- Provide instruction to less experienced culinary staff. Check the methods of preparation, portion, sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
- Prepare batch recipes, cold food items and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner. Coordinate the smooth service and relation to the pass and pick-up of food.
- Assist in the supervision of day-to-day operation of the kitchen as needed; check the methods of preparation, portion, sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus two years of experience as a cook, or equivalent combination of education and food preparation experience. Degree or certificate in culinary arts preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the kitchen
· Handling food, objects, products and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling