Barista / Cashier Job Description:
The candidate will attend to guests in Press Room lobby bar. The candidate will up sell beverages, pastries and other selections, accurately process transactions, and provide excellent service to all guests. The Barista takes and prepares customer beverage orders to brand specifications and customer requests.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests.
- Prepare customers’ orders as requested accurately and efficiently.
- Ring guest check correctly. Close the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
- Ensures guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates resolution.
- Maintain the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, service stations or seating areas.
- Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
- Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to workstation and return, to ensure accountability.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- TABC Card and Food Handlers Card
- Ability to work early morning, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs. independently and safely
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Constant computer and/or POS usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning and performing precision work
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Please apply to our Barista / Cashier position if you feel like you meet the qualifications and can perform the duties.