Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma or GED plus 2 years’ guest service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and ability.
Experience: Minimum of 1-year of service in the hospitality industry. Preferably experience as a server or guest service.
● Proficiency in reading and communicating in English.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal experience.
● Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
● Ability to operate the point of service system to process transactions and collect payment. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate POS system, make change, count cash drawer, and prepare cash drops.
● Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
● Current certification in ServSafe or other nationally recognized Food Handler Program or able to obtain upon being hired.
● Current certification in TIPS or other nationally recognized program in the service of alcohol or able to obtain upon being hired.
● Ability to be on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
● Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
M / F / VET
Drug Free Workplace / Smoke Free Workplace
Overlooking Sarasota Bay, in the midst of the vibrant arts district, our lavish accommodation features sophisticated touches designed to make your stay exceptional. Sink into your Westin Heavenly® Bed for a great night's rest, with stunning views from your floor to ceiling window and deluxe amenities. Pamper yourself in our spa, swim in our rooftop pool, exercise in our 24-hour WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio or take your workout on the road with our RUNWESTIN™ and New Balance Gear Lending programs. Savor creative cuisine in our restaurant or sip craft cocktails on our rooftop bar. If work or an event brings you to our hotel, you'll find exceptional venues filled with natural daylight, comprehensive technology, custom catering and a team of experts on hand to assist with whatever you need to succeed. Whether joining us for vacation or traveling for business, we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in Sarasota.