Responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in assigned market segment(s), including Government/Association, SMERF, Tour & Travel, and/or Corporate markets. Accountable for prospecting goals and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
Direct booking of group rooms and/or meetings for various clientele. Maximize profitability and revenue of the hotel by upselling in order to achieve sales goals:
- Cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
- Review sales contracts as well as other key details such as room blocks, cut-off date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with clients.
- Monitor and enforce specific deadline dates related to group rooms cut --off, BEO requirements and function guarantees.
- Create and distribute group resumes, communicate any changes to appropriate departments and people in a timely manner.
- Recommend enhancements and or upgrades to maximize revenue.
- Engage in site visits and/or other client meetings.
- Participate in weekly Sales Meeting, Operations Meeting, BEO Meeting and any other required meetings relevant to role.
- Prepare proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective guests primarily of the hotel meeting space and rate availability. Calculate and quote prices within guidelines for the same.
- Professionally represent the hotel by participating in client and industry functions.
- Continually monitor actions of competitive hotels (product quality improvements, supply changes, pricing strategies, service offerings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain rapport with hotel community and key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the industry.
Other responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Solicit business through cold calls, internet leads, brand leads, trade shows and community involvement.
- Uncover new potential local business and penetrate existing local accounts.
- Organize/execute local sales blitzes.
- Present to key accounts in the market.
- Partner with national sales to maximize global account revenue.
- Attend property receptions as needed.
- Partner marketing opportunities with sales opportunities when possible.
- Review daily arrivals to isolate potential new clients.
- Actively set seasonal promotions for targeted accounts.
Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary. Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Basic business acumen for this role includes:
- Analytical Skills -- Ability to conduct proper research on group rates, food and beverage minimums as well as room rental.
- Sales Skills -- Possesses strong ability to influence and/or persuade buying decisions and to close sales or gain commitment from others; creates good rapport and exhibits the ability to grow and maintain key partnerships.
- Communication -- Has both verbal and written skills, in order to effectively execute meetings and events this includes keeping the appropriate departments informed with BEO's and other necessary information; actively listens to extract essential information in order to maximize revenue and execute successful meetings and events.
- Advanced Organizational Skills - Ability to determine priority tasks and maintain strong attention to detail.
Job Specific Requirements, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Responsible for learning the hotel brand and strategy
- Drive customer loyalty in order to grow share of the account by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Negotiate group business, guest room rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within assigned markets that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
- Negotiate contracts according to company standards
- Responsible for obtaining appropriate approvals for contracts per SOP (airlines, major sporting events, etc...)
- Be aware of departmental revenue and up sell at every possible opportunity
- Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation, closing, and customer communications are complete and documented maintain existing accounts with active trace/follow up system
- Ensure accurate and complete use of the sales system per SOP including recording all bookings and lost business
- Identifies and solicits new accounts from telemarketing, appointments, site tours, cold calls, and inquiries via email, phone, and in person interactions
- Develops, maintains, and prospects a Target List of accounts and communicates updates to DOS
- Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, and use the internet as a prospecting tool
- Prepares resumes for groups prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly meeting
- Assist with all group rooming list, daily inspection of guest folio, communication with front office on group arrival, communication with accounting regarding guest billing, communication with Revenue Management team on group room block.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings when it is agreeable with the client
- Attends property specific receptions to generate leads and interact with customers
- Organize and execute local area blitzes
- Implement special promotions relating to sales segment
- Partner with third party meeting planners such as HelmsBriscoe, HPN, Conference Direct to generate additional leads and bookings
- Establishes relationships with local businesses and organizations and is an active member in local industry associations
- Builds relationships with competitors in like roles to keep apprised of trends in the market and industry, and supply changes
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to all client requests for proposals and information
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals including predetermined revenue and sales activity
- Completes daily/weekly/monthly reports as directed by the DOS/GM
- Participate in Quarterly/Annual Business and Marketing Plans, assist with budget process
- Attends appropriate trade shows, organizes sales trips in local market and feeder cities as directed by the DOS
- Communicates any product or service issues to DOS or GM
- Work client-related special events
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours
- Participates in MOD program as required
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the property in all locations. Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment typically allows smoking.
Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, employees and guests is necessary. Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility. Requires bending and reaching. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 25 lbs. requires eye/hand coordination. Requires use of standard office equipment. Requires basic math. Ability to push and/or pull file cabinet drawers weighing up to 5 lbs. requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Ability to comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
(Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job.)
- Walking and standing are required throughout most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Standing may include 4-8 hours with only a few rest periods in any given day. Must be able to sit at a desk for 2-4 hours on occasion.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, Smart Phones (i.e. iPhone), 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Schulte Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Tourism, Business Administration or relevant field or experience.
Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.