What you will be doing
The Housekeeping Houseperson cleans hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells and public areas in a safe and efficient manner. Reports safety Hazards to management.
- Receive assignments, priority requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management.Review assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies are available to properly clean.Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
- Walk all assigned spaces at beginning and end of shift.Remove newspapers, service trays, empty ash receptacles, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that require immediate cleaning.
- Clean public areas.Clean and vacuums hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells, etc.Perform quality check on public space televisions, telephones and lamps.
- Remove soiled linen, towels and trash and place in appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist housekeepers with portable refrigerators, sofa beds, cribs etc. as needed.
- Proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Respond to and resolve housekeeping requests and complaints by guests.
- Prompt reports to management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in public spaces for entry into Lost and Found.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- You will be trained in other areas of HSK such as laundry, Public area, Housekeeper to assist when needed
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management
- Trained in all areas of Housekeeping to assist when needed
Education and Experience:
High school education or related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Previous hotel Houseperson experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques, procedures and brand standards. Ability to operate a vacuum, mop and properly use cleaning equipment and supplies. Ability to timely complete assigned tasks, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a lamp, coffee maker, phone, TV and other public space equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with clean supplies, equipment and machines. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write.
This is a Full-Time position