Teaneck Marriott is looking for a courteous, customer service driven, happy, energetic, ambitious, inspired, ego-free, and ‘open for business’ type associate to join our growing hospitality team! If you think you are ready for the exciting world of hospitality then Teaneck Marriott is for you!
The In Room Dining (IRD) Server is responsible for the stocking, set-up, delivery of all food and beverage orders and property amenities to guest rooms and hospitality suites within the hotel while ensuring quality service (hot food hot/cold food cold) which enables exceptional customer service. Servers will also be responsible (along with a captain) for the training of new associates. Once items are consumed by the guests, the In Room Dining Server retrieves all used plates, silverware and glassware from guest room floors; returning them back to the dish area for sanitation.
• Know the location of all guest and meeting rooms within the hotel.
• Know and execute appropriate set up of all menu and beverage items based on brand standards for delivery to guestroom.
• Monitor delivery times to ensure that we are meeting guest expectations and brand standards on timely execution of IRD meals.
• Review the ticket to ensure that the order is set with the correct amount of silver, napkins, condiments and beverages.
• Confirm guests name and room number to ensure delivery is to the correct room.
• Knowledge of all menu and beverage items and pricing and demonstrate ability to speak to guests with authority; stay current with any daily specials.
• Ensure that all items going to the guest rooms meet temperature guidelines (hot food hot/cold food cold).
• Be familiar with and accurately use of all Point of Sale/Micros systems and ensure flawless execution of all cash handling responsibilities. Be certain guest understands that service charge/ delivery charge has already been added to the check.
• Follow brand specific scripting when knocking on the door, greeting the guest, entering the room, and sequence the delivery and set up of items according to brand standards. Use guest name throughout the conversation.
• Present guest check for method of payment and ensure everything meets the guests’ satisfaction before exiting the room.
• Report any shortage of food, beverage, equipment, and/or supplies to supervisory or management attention for restocking.
• Clean and breakdown trays in the dish area being careful for spills and any broken items.
• Participate in daily pre-shift meetings
• Ensure all alcohol service, food safety and certification licenses are current and are remained up to date at all times. Follow all food sanitation practices.
• Follow all security, information protection and confidentiality practices to protect both guest and associate information.
• Must have both food handler and alcohol certification
• Minimum one year in customer facing position providing direct customer service; preferably in the hospitality industry.
• Demonstrate stable work history.
• High School or GED preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.