posted March 7, 2019Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Come and work for Sandestin! $125K per year+ based on experience!
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier resort destination in Northwest Florida.
The Executive Director-Rooms Division is responsible and accountable for overseeing operations in the following departments: Front Office, PBX/Telephone, Guest Services, Transportation, Reservations, Housekeeping, Laundry, Shipping/Receiving, Activities, Rental Sales and Membership Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead, through your direct reports, the effective management of the departments noted above, to maximize the employee experience (PEOPLE), ensure effective SOP’s and systems (PROCESS), deliver optimal guest service (PRODUCT) while driving revenues complimented by cost management to drive financial performance (PROFIT). You are empowered to make decisions to ensure a balanced management approach to the 4 P’s.
2. Ensure that all direct reports and Sandestin employees proudly carry the Sandestin Investments credo card while “knowing, owning and energizing” our mission, vision and company culture at all times.
3. Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives (everything that is measured gets done).
4. Effective financial management skills to lead and mentor, when necessary, the budgeting, forecasting and revenue maximization/management process.
5. Analyze specific financial data including payroll, cash distributions, receivables, payables and revenue against overall resort financial plan.
6. Effective leadership and facilitation of all special events (Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic, Sandestin Triathlon, etc.) to ensure maximum revenues, ROI and an extraordinary guest experience.
7. Be the Service ambassador in the front-of-the-house and support the rooms turn on transition days and visible on heavy arrival/departure days.
8. Lead by example the “3 Steps of Service” and the “10/5 rule” to ensure they are as well practiced by direct reports and employees at all times.
9. Complete a hands-on review of the total operation of all departments assigned to you with heavy emphasis on insuring delivery of exceptional guest service.
10. Facilitate a healthy workplace through daily appreciation and positive communication with direct report and employees with “dignity and respect” in mind at all times.
11. Actively participate in the selection, hiring and the orientation of employees to ensure we “select the very best and retain the very best”.
12. Ensure that all direct reports and employees have the necessary tools in hand, receive the necessary training and leadership support to be successful in the completion of assigned duties and tasks at all times.
13. Facilitate effective teamwork between business units and employees while leading the lateral service effort when necessary.
14. Collaborate and facilitate the effort of International labor needs (H2B’s and J1’s if applicable) with Human Capital and the service provider to ensure timely and proper staffing for season.
15. Ensure continuous review of organizational charts, job descriptions and SOP’s (produce new SOP’s as necessary) so that they remain current, accurate and reflect best practices at all times.
16. Reinforce the message that “rental owners are our most important customer because without them, we have no rental guests”.
17. Lead the effort and actively participate with the Rental Advisory Committee (RAC), and with or rental owners, to ensure the very best rental owner experience.
18. Ensure the continued growth of rental units and memberships as a key factor in the ability to increase revenues on an annual basis.
19. Maintain and facilitate and effective business plan to retain and an effective sales plan to attract new rental owners and new club members.
20. Make sure the needs and expectations of the resort guests are met and/or exceeded without fail.
21. Direct, manage, train and assign resources to ensure that the highest attention to details of service, cleanliness and maintenance are adhered to in all public spaces and guestrooms of the property.
22. Ensure standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety are maintained in all areas on a daily basis.
23. Inspect public areas and multiple guest rooms daily.
24. Conduct regular staff and employee meetings to ensure effective and complete communication.
25. Must lead by example. Set the benchmark for performance in areas of image, maintenance, innovation, motivation and animation.
26. Lead to ensure the adherence to, updating and execution of the Resort Emergency Procedures manual at all times.
27. Collaborate with the Owner and your supervisor in fostering and maintaining a positive relationship with all facets of the community – the SOA, the many HOA’s and homeowners.
28. Support the Owner and your supervisor in development and project management as necessary.
29. Investigates accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization to use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations for workmen compensation and general liability claims.
30. Any and all duties and responsibilities as assigned to you by Ownership or your direct supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; A minimum of 5 years related experience in Hotels, Resorts, Vacation Rentals, with reservations, front office, and housekeeping or equivalent combination of education and hospitality/resort operations experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move, and push and/or pull up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions occasionally. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Compensation: 125,000+ based on experience
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, is a unique and charming destination that has been voted the "Best" resort in Destin, Florida and the #1 resort on Florida's beautiful Emerald Coast. Sandestin is a four season resort for all ages.
There is something for everyone at this magnificent 2,400 acre property, including a variety of Destin vacation rental accommodations, sugar white sand beaches, full service beach services, golf for every level of play, a top rated Destin tennis club, water sports, marina, fitness center, spa, biking and walking trails and even our own pedestrian Village, with shopping, dining, events, and entertainment. Explore and enjoy your time with us today.
"To be recognized as the finest resort and rental community on the Emerald Coast through the delivery of exceptional service and extraordinary amenities for all ages and all seasons."
Sandestin Investments, LLC exists to create an unrivaled commitment to people and excellence.
At Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, we pride ourselves in being Northwest Florida's largest recreational and residential community. In Destin Florida, jobs don't get any better than this!
The magic of Sandestin begins with our staff. Whether you are thinking of changing careers or you have heard our name and want to find out what the buzz is all about, we just might have the perfect opportunity at our resort for you to excel in the hospitality industry.
There is nothing better than a job that offers competitive wages, a supportive team, and a beautiful work environment. Sandestin offers all three and more with employment in Destin, Florida!
We thank you for your interest in Sandestin as a potential employer. If you think you have something truly amazing to offer our beautiful and luxurious resort and properties, make time to see all of our opportunities and jobs with Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and check out these potential jobs.