posted April 15, 2019Vacation Myrtle Beach
Do you believe in providing the best in Human Resources and Employee Relations...Here's a great Executive Director of Human Resources and Recruiting opportunity on The Grand Strand for you....Come join our Team!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES and RECRUITING
Direct and lead a professional, effective and efficient Human Resources service to the resorts ensuring strategies are in place that balance the needs of individual resorts services with the need to deploy a flexible and cost-effective service across the resorts to support delivery of the Legacy (VMB) objectives and goals.
Provide the means for the proper recruitment, retention and performance appraisal of highly skilled staff able to contribute significantly and deliver good quality and cost-effective services. Monitoring employee applications for up and coming new hires for the best fit within our company. Implement a variety of personnel development programs, including ongoing education for existing staff, an internship hospitality program and a manager in training program.
Continuously monitor staffing levels at all resorts, and work with the resorts to ensure that there is the appropriate level of existing staff. Work with contract labor staffing as needed to maintain high caliber employee, through meeting, monitoring, and arranging with the contract labor vendors.
Act as expert adviser on all personnel and development issues supporting staff and managers on complex/high level matters.
Innovate and challenge established methods to secure continuous improvement to keep the resorts at the cutting edge of local HR policies and procedures. Implement change in the shortest possible time-frame.
Ensure that relevant and best professional advice, guidance and information is available in an intelligible and timely fashion to the resorts’ members.
Enable the effective development of accurate, effective and timely personnel information
and payroll systems streamlining the processes. Ensure the development of fully maximizing the capacity of Kronos to the fullest capacity
· Bachelor’s degree or 4 years related experience.
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
· Business communication skills.
· Read, write and speak English fluently.
· Public speaking experience.
· Ability to interpret and advise property management according to employment laws of jurisdiction.
· Required college graduate reasoning, mathematics, and language skills.
· Ability to deal with diversified workforce.
· Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
· CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ensure all employees, including all new hires, are trained to meet standards.
Empower employees to deliver customer service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest
· FINANCIAL: Monitor progress against resort and department objectives throughout the year.
Develop realistic budget for Human Resources department with GM and operate within it. Monitor department expenses against monthly operating statement. Monitor inventory and supplies in HR department. Monitor overtime hours for all employees. Keep GM informed of changes in department costs. Forecast wage and benefit changes.
· PEOPLE: Manage internal policies and procedures to ensure all employees are treated fairly. Ensures employees are aware of internal job openings. Monitor the performance review process to ensure everyone is reviewed. Help develop responsible and effective supervisor/employee relationships. Provide objective feedback regarding disciplinary action taken by management and listen objectively to employee suggestions, concerns and grievances. Ensure disciplinary action paperwork is accurate and timely. Act to resolve issues fairly. Effectively facilitate and counsel employees about complaints regarding management, co-workers, job, etc. Keep loyalty to employees intact by
ensuring employee grievances are kept confidential. Assist management in addressing culturally diverse issues and advise on handling workforce issues. Organize incentive programs. Promote resort social events. Evaluate turnover and tenure and make recommendations, if necessary. Monitor morale of employees and address problem areas with appropriate management. Keep accurate records. Support training in all departments. Provide expertise in recruiting, screening, interviewing and
hiring employees. Provide career counseling to employees and promote internal opportunities.
· QUALITY: Coordinate and maintain good relations with other departments. Work with all departments to maintain and improve guest service. Assist in solving HR related interdepartmental problems. Keep departments informed of social events. Coordinate with other departments on joint tasks such as employee incentives, performance reviews, teamwork. Assist in cross training between departments. Monitor employee participation and progress of training. Develop language programs for non-English speaking employees. Inform managers of external training programs. Stay informed of new issues, wage/hour laws and other HR related topics and inform management of relevant issues.
· MANAGING THE BUSINESS: Enforce compliance with updated policies, procedures and benefits.
Ensure compliance with immigration laws, EEO policies. Be knowledgeable of and implement competitive wage and benefit rates accurately and in a timely manner. Monitor and ensure accuracy
of payroll records. Process changes in employee status in a timely manner. Follow up on performance
review and disciplinary actions. Administer unemployment compensation and worker’s
compensation and monitor costs. Conduct wage and benefit survey annually. Practice behavior-based interviewing. Ensure employment practices are cost effective. Assist in managing turnover with effective selection and employment practices. Maintain creative recruiting techniques to attract better applicants. Maintain favorable relations with local agencies to maintain applicant flow.
· Oversee HR Generalists to ensure the departments are running smoothly at each resort.
· Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
· Design resort Affirmative Action program and monitor compliance.
· Develop and administer Company and property benefits programs.
· Develop and implement resort level Human Resources policies.
· Direct all recruiting and employment efforts.
· Manage all unemployment compensation activity.
Manage all resorts new employee orientation programs.
· Manage all workers’ compensation claims.
· Perform in the capacity of any positions supervised.
· Promote employee empowerment.
· Interacts regularly with all levels of managers and staff to establish an understanding of their roles and responsibilities, to determine their HR support needs, and to communicate HR’s services
· Advises on work performance matters, including problem resolution, progressive discipline and annual performance appraisals and career development opportunities to assist with retention, and organizational design
· Complete orientation and training activities.
· Oversee HR Generalists in management of benefits-related matters. Oversee maintenance of relationship with carriers, enrollment, and monthly bills
· Advise the COO and HR Generalists on policies, procedures and management issues related to the areas of responsibility of the position.
· Coordinate management development programs.
· Partner with HR Generalists to drive the Year-End Process including: Compensation, Benefits and Performance Management
· Design, develop, recommend, and implement strategies to support, improve and strengthen the Human Resources Department and services in all resorts
· Develop and direct employee communications programs.
· Facilitate the resolution of employee relation’s issues.
· Identify useful labor markets/sources and maintain ready supply to meet resort needs.
· Manage Human Resources annual department budget
· Administer compensation guidelines.
· Complete monthly turnover, absenteeism and manpower reports.
· Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
· Conduct management training programs.
· Create and implement training to address property needs.
· Develop employee recognition, incentive and other workforce campaigns.
· Identify and recommend solutions to management team.
· Manage all external agency investigations.
· Perform annual wage and benefit survey.
· Prepare annual EEO-1 report.
Vacation Myrtle Beach is one of the leading resort hotel and condominium marketing groups on the Grand Strand, and managed by Legacy Business Solutions, LLC. Our properties are diverse and host all kinds of guests: travelers, golf enthusiasts, special business and social groups, weddings, and more!
Vacation Myrtle Beach is the official vacation site of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Featuring nearly 4,000 units in a variety of Myrtle Beach hotels and resorts right on the ocean. Vacation Myrtle Beach also provides information on Myrtle Beach's hottest attractions, theaters, golf, shopping, dining and more.
To give our guests the most exciting, fun-filled, and enjoyable vacation experience ever!