To support the Senior Director of Engineering Support to develop, manage and implement Hilton engineering and fire life safety standards for all Brands in relation to the European estate and provide advice and support to the Hilton project management team on new developments, relicense and CAPEX projects.
To assist the Senior Director of Engineering Support with development and implementation of the engineering and fire life safety standards for all Hilton Family of Brands for EMEA, including agreeing any location specific standards with the respective Brand Managers, managing the preparation of any location specific Design and Construction standards (including liaising and coordinating with all other Hilton Design and Construction Regional departments).
To assist the Senior Director of Engineering Support with the maintenance of current and up-to-date copies of all Design and Construction Standards in relation to engineering and fire life safety for all Brands (in soft and hard formats) and ensure that all Project Managers have access to such Standards.
Review of building engineering services drawings with respect to construction brand standards for multiple brands and across multiple projects both new build developments and Hilton CAPEX projects.
Liaise with the company’s Area Operations Engineering team to review the performance of new hotels once these become operational. Use the feedback to improve/optimize the design schemes of future hotel projects.
Develop a very good knowledge of the company’s engineering construction design guidelines.
Ensure these technical specifications are kept updated and reflect the latest technology and brand standard requirements in a clear unambiguous manner.
The role will include extensive travel within Central and Eastern Europe and will be responsible for managing projects of multi discipline.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Planning Activities – 10%
• Researches and helps to identify business opportunities for Hilton generally and reports findings to management accordingly
• Manages objectives for the department or assigned projects
Organizing Activities – 25%
• Establishes priorities and delegates work to team members ensuring optimum allocation of resources
• Works with key stakholders and departments structuring activities and resources so overall objectives are met
• Communicates management plans and project activities to department
• Evaluates and streamlines business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
• Manages cross-functional links to other Technical Services (Architecture and Construction) departments
• Adheres to measurements of engineering performance standards to ensure overall effectiveness
Directing Activities – 30%
• Implements and manages departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives are carried out effectively
• Oversees the development and adminsitration of the agreed engineering standards
• Communicates important information to team members
• Influences department members to achieve department objectives
• Executes organisational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership
• Manages third parties, identifies vendors and monitors cost and quality of service
• Leverages effective partnerships with third parties and internal constituents
• Advises management on progress and advises on key performance issues
• Conduct detailed design reviews
• Report on reviews
• Visit projects and conduct site inspections
• Witnessing commissioning and undertaking checks for signing off on engineering systems.
Controlling Activities – 35%
• Oversees proper controls and systems to ensure compliance with the agreed engineering standards
• Ensures established performance standars are met for department or project
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
• Ensures business plan is followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary
• Enforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations and effectiveness
• Operates within prescribed budget parameters
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Contribute to multi-skilled projects
• To be aware of business and commercial opportunities for Hilton
• To conduct competitor and industry analysis and produce reports and recommendations to enhance Hilton’s design standards
• Any and all other job duties as assigned.
Positions directly reporting to this position and “dotted line” relationships (titles):
• Senior Director of Engineering Support : EMEA
What are we looking for?
• Good understanding of regulations within Europe.
• Language skills in English and Polish.
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence in order to motivate and influence others
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands
• Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track to achieve common goals
• Proficient in design engineering skills and ability to quickly learn new programs and train others
• Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met
• Knowledge of business mathematics (weighted averages, percentages) and basic spreadsheeting (Excel)
• Capable of conversing with both technical and non-technical parties
• Experience in dealing with developers, Owners and other corporate clients
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• University degree in mechanical and electrical engineering or similar construction related discipline or experience in lieu
• Significant work experience in related roles
• Recognised professional qualification in engineering or similar construction related discipline
• Advanced degree preferred or equivalent
• Significant hospitality industry experience preferred in similar roles
• In-depth knowledge of hotel and general leisure engineering systems and design
• Supervisory experience would be advantageous
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Autocad
• A very good understanding of fire, life and safety systems, preferably experience in applying US NFPA, and main European standards.
• An understanding or working knowledge of European and Polish regulations and standards.