“Inspiring the freedom to be extraordinary enabling unique stories through curated, authentic experiences...”
You are the right hand of the Restaurant Manager and Food & Beverage Manager. You have a watchful eye and an attentive nature that's perpetually tuned in to server care and guest need. You generously share what you know and transfer issues into constructive opportunities. Your talents and experience will be crossutilized in different positions throughout F & B. Some days the position will work in the restaurant and other days you will work in the Banquet Department.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Demonstrate professional and positive image to guests and colleagues at all times, including maintaining a high standard of professional appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Use your experience and attentive nature to assist the Restaurant Manager in all aspects of restaurant operations to elevate the guest experience and ensure associate safety.
- Ensure overall restaurant cleanliness and set up.
- Oversee servers in the restaurant and banquet area to ensure optimal appearance and exceptional guest care, watchful of guests' need for service.
- Help the manager establish and monitor side work.
- Ensure receipt and accurate flow of communications between shifts.
- Be aware of what happened in the prior shift and clearly convey happenings for the next.
- Keep a pulse on and manage staffing needs.
- Be trained as a Banquet Captain to help supervise banquet functions.
- Perform duties such as In room Dining, Cashier, Bartender, Hostess when called upon.
- Following all safety and sanitation policies
- Attend meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Spirit Ridge colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're More Than Welcome.
- At least 2 years of previous experience working in the food service industry as a server or supervisor.
- Tourism and Hospitality Diploma or Degree is a definite asset
- Beer, wine, and spirits knowledge with the ability to make recommendations to guests is an asset.
- Must have current, or be willing to obtain before start, Serving It Right certification.
- Must be able and willing to stand for long periods of time, as business volumes dictate. The position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds and pushing food carts up to 100 pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to train, motivate and manage a team of colleagues in the Food and Beverage division.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, with shifts including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Spirit Ridge Lake Resort is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.