Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard the assets, and prepare financial reports in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Area Controller–Regional Controller– Corporate Controller
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
- Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or on Hersha Hospitality/owner's request).
- Ensure payroll practices meet Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Oversee contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
- Establish and audit internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associate time records.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 to 10 years' of accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It