This is a part time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure each and every guest is greeted and that all food and beverage operations are running smoothly.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedure.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Check cleanliness and condition of bar unit (C02 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.).
- Check condition and cleanliness of blender, shaker and other tools.
- Check temperature of refrigeration units.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of bartop, tables and service areas.
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time. Ensure proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
- Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests
- Properly set-up and maintain a clean efficient bar throughout the shift.
- Have knowledge of fine dining/ upscale service.
- Extensive knowledge of cocktails and spirits.
- Have knowledge of all wines, spirits and beer.
- Must have knowledge of entire food menu.
- Must have experience selling and presenting wine.
- Must have strong sales and communications skills. Utilizing suggestive/upselling techniques.
- Engage with all guests continuously to ensure their experience memorable.
- Complete all closing reports in the P.O.S. system.
- Count bank at end of shift; complete designated cashier reports and drop receipts; secure bank.
- Assist with weekly/monthly inventories.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Assist in other bar areas as assigned.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
- Responsible for compliance of state laws regulating the serving of alcohol. This includes carding of all guests regardless of perceived age.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and clean uniform at all times.
- Work in interior and exterior of restaurant with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration, and make concise decisions.
- Ability to perform the job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years of Bartending Experience.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Full Service Bar Experience (beer, wine and liquor).
- Able to be on your feet for up to eight hours.
- Able to communicate effectively with guests and other associates.
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Food handling certificate.
- Previous experience in similar position in hospitality industry.
- Prior experience with Micros POS system
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . We are a family owned company based in Raleigh, NC focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels. Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages seven hotels in North Carolina and Tennessee with locations in Raleigh/Cary, Burlington, Nashville and Asheville. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels and Hyatt and currently have multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com