Teaneck Marriott is looking for a courteous, customer service driven, happy, energetic, ambitious, inspired, ego-free, and ‘open for business’ type associate to join our growing hospitality team! If you think you are ready for the exciting world of hospitality then Teaneck Marriott is for you!
Efficiently clean and supply guestrooms, ensuring excellent guest service and high levels of cleanliness.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
• Sign in and out master key each day following proper key procedures.
• Never allow a guest to enter a room if they do not have a working key to the room.
• Clean rooms following White Lodging Guest Room Attendant guidelines and certification training while maintaining established productivity standards.
• Follow proper Guestroom Entry Procedures per SOP. Before entering a guestroom, knock on the door three times and call “Housekeeping.”
• Inspect room for maintenance needs and report deficiencies/complete work orders if needed. This includes fixtures, televisions, radios, heating/cooling equipment, refrigerator, etc.
• Perform daily general clean duties:
- Clean bathroom, including walls, mirrors, vanity sink, tub, shower curtain, toilet, and floor;
- Strip room of linen and trash;
- Change the linen per SOP and make the bed properly;
- Dust, clean inside drawers, vacuum floors and clean and check under bed;
- Replace amenity items in the guestroom;
- If applicable, clean kitchen appliances, counter, glassware, dishes, utensils, etc.
• Set heating/cooling equipment and radio on proper settings.
• Self-inspect guestrooms as directed.
• Clean, organize and restock housekeeping cart/backpack following White Lodging and hotel brand standards. Carts and vacuums should be stored in designated area.
• Turn in room status report to Supervisor or Front Desk showing your completed work.
• Fold terry and linen as needed.
• Assist in training new associates.
• Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required.
• Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves when handling chemicals. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
• Practice energy conservation at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
• Carry out assigned duties in an emergency situation.
• Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
• Participate in daily preshift.
• Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
• Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Security/Management.
• Know how to perform Housekeeping Attendant’s duties to standard and assist if needed.
• Know how to operate laundry equipment.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale.
• Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
• Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Be available to work weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.