posted June 16, 2019Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton
We are currently looking for an Assistant Operations Manager for our Grand Naniloa Resort. As an Assistant Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Operations Management team in the daily operation of the Guest Service functions to include Front Desk Operations, Housekeeping, and Food and Beverage.
Key responsibilities of an Assistant Operations Manager include:
• Supervising and directing the activities of the Operations Team Members to ensure that all team members are delivering prompt, efficient and friendly service in a professional manner
• Assisting Operations Team members with performing job duties as necessary
• Maintaining presence and support at areas needing the most support/assistance during peak periods
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Ensuring guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
• Providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members
• Training and developing team members
• Assisting with preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, and expenditures
• Maintaining an efficient system of communication between all operations departments, with particular attention to guest impact areas and times
• Monitoring and maintaining operations systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance
• Coordinating all billing requirements for individuals and groups in house as per reservation requirements
• Proactively planning to ensure departments are prepared based on awareness of future and current business at the property
• Actively encouraging all operations team members to maximize sales through up-selling, using incentives, promotions, etc.
• Assisting with adequate resource planning on a weekly basis and completing payroll on Company Time Management and Payroll System
• Assisting with the monitor and control of all Operations Supplies
The ideal Assistant Operations Manager candidate will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of three years operations experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
• Minimum of one year of experience in an operations supervisory role.
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Boasting a stunning oceanside location with magnificent views of Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea, Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton occupies a historic site amidst a lush, tropical landscape. Our ideal setting also offers guests convenient access to Hilo Airport, just 2 miles away. Tee off on our complimentary 9-hole golf course, or soak up the sunshine in our beautiful outdoor swimming pool. Energize in the complimentary fitness center, or rent some water sports equipment and take to the waves.
Our inviting guest rooms offer complimentary WiFi, a generously-sized work desk, microwave, refrigerator, and in-room safe. Upgrade to an ocean-view suite with a separate living area and a balcony offering ocean views. Savor breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant, which has indoor and outdoor seating. Admire sweeping vistas of Hilo Bay from the large deck of our Lobby Lounge.
Our Hilo hotel features the most extensive catering facility and the largest showroom on the east side of the Big Island - a stylish venue providing nightlife and a space to showcase talented local musicians. With 13,000 sq. ft. flexible meeting space, including a wedding gazebo and a large ballroom which can hold up to 400 people, this Hilo hotel is the ideal venue for small to mid-sized meetings, conferences and weddings.