posted April 18, 2019Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria
1. Supervise the Human Resources in the division to attract, retain and motivate the staff; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
2. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the division’s budget capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a first class property and management’s expectations.
3. Develop, implement and manage a maintenance program and negotiate maintenance contracts for the hotel, the grounds and all of the equipment in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to ensure the safety, convenience and satisfaction of all guests, managers and employees to protect the assets and maintain the property in first class condition.
4. Develop, implement & direct all Emergency programs; ensure all equipment is maintained, conduct inspections & drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations, train all employees and maintain accurate records to ensure a safe environment which protects the assets, guests and employees.
5. Develop, implement and manage an energy conservation program for property to minimize expenses.
6. Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed for minimal cost.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Residence Inn Houston Galleria hotel is located on a quiet residential street just one block from the Galleria Mall, west of downtown Houston. A stand-out among hotels near Houston Galleria for our revitalized suites 50% larger than traditional hotel rooms – and pet-friendly! Our lobby is highlighted by the communal area which provides a fresh, daily breakfast each morning and plenty of workspace. Guests can mingle with good company at our Residence Inn Mix featuring free light fare and premium drinks (Mon-Wed, 6-7:30PM). Each suite includes an in-room kitchen with stainless steel appliances, modern décor, flat-screen TVs and pullout sofas. Business travelers enjoy easy trips thanks to our free WiFi and American and Eastern breakfast menu item favorites such as miso soup and steamed rice. Leisure visitors love our location near The Galleria’s premier shopping and dining, the Museum District, and NRG Stadium.