The Human Resources/Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing full spectrum administrative support including matters of a confidential nature while also performing various accounting, payroll and HR duties. The Human Resources/Accounting Clerk may also be assigned to other responsibilities as needed. The Human Resources/Accounting Clerk is to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Enter accounts payables into accounting system and ensure approval process has been obtained while coding to correct departments in absence of a property Controller or Accounting Clerk.
- Ensure invoices are submitted to Finance Department or General Manager in a timely manner in absence of a property Controller or Accounting Clerk.
- Enter group rooming lists in PMS when there is absence of a Sales Administrator.
- Meet with new hires and assist them with new hire onboarding paperwork.
- Review all HR Files including I-9’s for compliance and ensure files are up to date and organized at all times.
- Forward new hire paperwork to corporate Human Resource Office upon approval from General Manager.
- Coordinate and assist GM with facilitating new hire orientation and review brand and company policies/procedures.
- Enroll all new hires in Time clock once badge#’s are assigned by corporate.
- Trouble shoot time clock errors by working with corporate Payroll Administrator
- Work with Corporate Payroll Administrator in ensuring all managers have proper access to Time & Attendance and other levels of access if needed.
- Train managers on viewing & editing time in Time & Atten dance.
- Train F&B Managers on Tips & Gratuity reporting spreadsheets.
- Enter all paid time off including holiday, bereavement accordingly.
- Record and Monitor paid time off while ensuring employees have time available when receiving paid time off requests.
- Ensure accuracy and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Prepares weekly HR Reports such as Approaching Overtime Report to distribute to managers weekly as well as Anniversary & Birthday reporting and other audit reports as needed.
- Follow and maintain knowledge of payroll and HR policies and procedures.
- Must be able to confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries including filing.
- Inform corporate Payroll Administrator when payroll is ready for processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
- 1 -2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels. The Widewaters Group, Inc. offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.