posted March 22, 2019Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown The Loop
Committed to excellence in both hotel development and management, OTO Development leads the lodging industry with a robust portfolio (and pipeline) of upscale select-service hotels with Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott brands. Further defined by entrepreneurial leadership, a skilled team of professionals, and the relentless pursuit of improvement, OTO excels in responsible growth and award-winning service. A highly rewarding workplace, OTO is currently in its fourth consecutive year as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies in the U.S.
OTO's mission is to create long-lasting value for each property we build, each community we touch, and each individual we recruit. The investment we make in each employee is reflected in our strong belief in promotion from within. Continuing education & career development opportunities are prevalent; our company culture is one of integrity, respect, and hard work.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• A four year college degree, or equivalent experience. Prefer hospitality, business or communications major
• Prefer two years’ experience in a management capacity within a service organization
• Knowledge or formal school courses of basic GAAP Accounting and Finance principles
• Ability to communicate in a professional business setting both verbally and in writing
• Ability to operate a personal computer within a Windows based platform
• Interpersonal communication abilities (people skills)
• Prefer experience in supervision of 5 or more employees
• Experience in cash and credit card handling
• Ability to see, hear, read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift & carry 35 pounds
• Ability to walk the property
Welcome to downtown Chicago! With an ideal location, the Hyatt Place Chicago / Downtown – The Loop stands a majestic 18 stories high – and boasts 206 guest rooms, heated indoor pool, free hotel-wide WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, full-service bar, and many more covetable amenities.
The Loop is Chicago’s central business district, offering a premier mix of notable businesses, cultural destinations, and social entertainment. Only blocks from the downtown’s Financial and Theatre Districts, neighboring hot spots include the Civic Opera House, Willis (formerly Sears) Tower, Millennium Park, and the Magnificent Mile. Classic Chicago attractions like Navy Pier, McCormick Place, and Wrigley Field are easily accessible.
Downtown dining is defined by nearby eateries Italian Village, Frontera Grill, and Fogo de Chao. Our 24/7 Gallery Market Menu has satisfying options any time of day (or night!), and our Coffee to Cocktails Bar brews Starbucks coffee and pours crafted cocktails for maximum comfort from sunrise to sunset. There’s plenty to do and more to see, so join us in The Loop!