posted May 22, 2019DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
Doubletree by Hilton/ PITGT is looking for a self-motivated HR Coordinator with 1 to 2 years of experience supporting Human Resources daily operations. If you are seeking a position in HR and are looking to grow, come join our team!
The Human Resources Coordinator assists in administration of the Human Resources tasks and programs in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Place recruitment ads, screen applicants and refer qualified candidates to management. Conduct reference checks as assigned. Ensure timely compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
· Maintain associate personnel files. Complete appropriate paperwork for new hires, personnel actions and terminations. Keep Payroll informed timely of new hires, transfers, job changes, raises, terminations and other changes.
· Assist with orientations and exit interviews.
· Assist with benefits administration including insurance, 401K Plan, vacation, sick, leave of absence and jury duty.
· Assist in administration of OSHA, workers compensation and unemployment claims.
· Assist with associate awards & recognition programs.
· Keep bulletin boards current, post memos, pictures of employee events, loss prevention materials, etc. Assist in the production of a newsletter, as assigned.
· Prepare correspondence and reports in a timely, accurate manner. Maintain logs as assigned.
· On time and at work when scheduled.
· Attend department meetings as scheduled.
· Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
· Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
· Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in human resources or equivalent experience. One or more years of employment in related position. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Bilingual fluency a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to type 40 or more words per minute along with Microsoft Office fluency - Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to maintain confidentiality with tact, diplomacy, and discretion. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on management’s direction and Company policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with strong organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
500 Mansfield Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
465 Room Hotel
The DoubleTree CARE culture focuses on creating rewarding experiences for our guest. We also provide opportunities for our team members to give back to the community by scheduling charity service work/collection events monthly. Our team members get to enjoy a fun atmosphere at work where one's own personality can shine through with both internal and external guests. It's the little things that mean everything at DoubleTree and Team Members get to experience special treats and events frequently. There is always something going on at the hotel, whether it be a CARE rally where we recognize and show appreciation to our team members or an event where the team members can bring their family members for a day of fun.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree has a variety of departments and there are different positions ranging from hourly team members to management. The hotel provides on-going training to help team members succeed within their positions. Open positions are posted, but the hotel strives to promote from within when possible.
So Experience DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree where every guest receives a chocolate chip cookie and a warm welcome. We are located just outside of the city just minutes from the Parkway West Green Tree exit. We also are close to a bus route. Help us to fulfill Conrad's dream to Fill the Earth with the Light and Warmth of Hospitality.