posted July 23, 2019AC Sunnyvale Cupertino
We are currently looking for an Area Director of Revenue Management to join our growing team in San Francisco. This position will oversee the AC Sunnyvale, AC Santa Clara and Element Santa Clara.
The Area Director of Revenue Management is responsible for providing direction to the property teams in order to maximize RevPAR and RevPAR Index through the management of room inventories, market mix and pricing strategies. In addition, the Area Director of Revenue Management works with the hotel teams to ensure that they focus on Total Hotel Revenue Management in support of Evolution Hospitality’s financial goals.
Key responsibilities of the Area Director of Revenue Management position include:
• Monitoring and understanding the pricing of competitors, the dynamics of the local market, and demand generators
• Analyzing and reviewing monthly and weekly STAR Report results, understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index and applying this knowledge to impact and predict future results
• Staying abreast of industry and local market trends
• Collaborating with the marketing department to fabricate demand during need periods and identify strategic e-blast and other marketing offers
• Leveraging Evolution Hospitality’s proprietary technology to drive superior results
• Chairing the development of all pricing and market mix strategies
• Providing strategic tactics based on historical data and current trends
• Participating in the annual RFP process for negotiated accounts
• Assisting in the development and execution of a strategic plan and the annual operating plan for the hotel
• Analyzing market trends and communicating results to the corporate and hotel sales team
• Developing, monitoring and adjusting group pricing strategies, preferred patterns, and need periods
• Performing displacement analysis on groups to support group sales decisions
• Managing group cut-off dates and block shortfalls and overages
• Training sales and front office teams to understand revenue management principles and the roles they play
• Training team on how to maximize the value of available revenue management tools
If you’re an experienced revenue management professional with value-added analysis experience, you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for.
In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts
• Fanatically analytical; extremely comfortable manipulating data
• Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
• A team driven leader vulnerable to others’ talents and able to use collaboration to achieve the best result
• Someone that can easily identify and utilize emerging trends and technology to generate revenue
• A balanced individual interested in embracing our unique environment that weights your cultural fit equally with your results
The minimum qualifications for the Area Director of Revenue Management position are:
• Minimum of 5 years of hotel revenue management experience preferred
• College degree (BS/BA) preferred
• Skilled in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making
• Above average Excel knowledge; extremely comfortable compiling and manipulating data
• Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
One of Marriott’s newest brands, AC Hotel Sunnyvale/Cupertino focuses on the little things. New, built from the ground up, the design of this hotel will be stylish, yet efficient, and every detail will provide just the beautiful essentials. The property will feature 183 elegant guestrooms, enhanced outdoor space with communal seating areas and a rooftop pool and sundeck. Upgraded pedestrian connections and bike parking will also make this a traveler favorite when visiting companies such as Nobia, Twitter and AMD in Silicon Valley.
Evolution Hospitality, based in San Clemente, Calif., manages hotel and resort properties in major metropolitan markets across the United States. We operate with a servant leadership mentality, focused on three constituents: guests, associates and owners. Our management philosophy is highly revenue and sales driven, recognizing that consistent business volumes and outstanding top-line results are the first step in exceeding our constituents’ expectations. Properties managed by the Evolution Hospitality team have earned numerous accolades, including several AAA Four Diamond Awards, Travel Weekly’s Silver Magellan Award and American Business Awards (Stevies). A few hotels in the Evolution Hospitality portfolio include: Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, The Queen Mary, Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf and Hilton San Diego Mission Valley. A full list of our portfolio can be found at www.evolutionhospitality.com.