posted October 21, 2019Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for the housekeeping standards of all guest and meeting rooms, public spaces, hallways, work, and storage areas. The Supervisor may inspect the work of others and may individually clean rooms, public spaces or other areas as needed.
Core Responsibilities Include:
· Inspecting guest rooms, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order. Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
· Coordinating cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, working with front desk and maintenance personnel.
· Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
· Training and coaching housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and room placement job tasks and in completion of daily schedules.
· Conducts new employee training.
· Supporting the hotel's leadership team in managing labor costs within budget standards and staffing guidelines for rooms sold.
· Following facility safety and security guidelines, ensuring key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage. Serves as an emergency responder for the location.
· Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper/House Attendant cart arrangements.
· Developing work schedules and coordinating staff work assignments in conjunction with hotel General Manager or Assistant General Manager and facility staffing guidelines.
· Conducting regular tours of work areas, reviewing housekeeping efforts of staff and checking for productivity in completion of assignments. Supplements team's efforts by cleaning as needed.
· Provides input to General Manager for team member selection process and for associate performance reviews.
· Ability to clean and perform housekeeping duties in a lodging facility.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong work ethic.
· Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English.
· Must have experience using a computer to enter and access information.
· Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters
· Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
· Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – clean, organized and refreshed hotel property – through and with others
· Composure to respond calmly to unexpected changes in occupancy, scheduling, or team member attendance
Welcome to Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, CA. A 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner, our hotel offers a relaxing stay and a convenient location within five miles of popular attractions such as the Santa Monica Mountains, The Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza and California Lutheran University. For dining choices, our hotel is within 1 mile of 21 restaurants.
Local shopping is available at Oaks Shopping Center and The Oaks Mall. Attractions include the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, only 11 miles away. Just a short walk to Amgen, our hotel offers easy access to other corporations such as Skyworks, Deloitte and General Motors.
Our Thousand Oaks hotel is off US-101 for access to Hollywood Burbank Airport, the Los Angeles International Airport, Simi Valley, Hollywood, Malibu and Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Start your day with a free, hot breakfast and enjoy free WiFi in every room. Unwind in a spacious guest room or stretch out in a suite, ideal for families, small groups or extended stay guests. All rooms and suites offer plush bedding, work desks and HDTVs with 60 HD premium channels. Suites include a seating area with a sofa bed. Ask for an upgraded suite with a hot tub.
Our hotel offers meeting space for business or social events. We have a 24-hour business center, a 24-hour fitness room, an outdoor pool and a whirlpool.