posted April 25, 2019Hyatt Regency Westlake
This is the job description for GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Job Title: Guest Service Representative
Department: Front Desk
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Front Office/Operations Manager
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
1. Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room key and escort instructions to Bell
person or directly to guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
2. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining,
entertainment and travel directions.
3. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May make, confirm and cancel
reservations for guests.
4. Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May post charges such as room,
food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
5. Date-stamp, sort and rack incoming mail and messages. Transmit and receive messages using
equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
6. Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and makes
deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
7. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
8. If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence
of the Supervisor, (b) assign work, and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
9. May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit
guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or
champagne for special guests.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak clearly and listen carefully.
2. Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
3. Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
4. Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to interviewing,
to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
5. Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent.
Experience Minimum 3 months hospitality, general office, accounts receivable or customer service experience.
Dimension Development Company
If you possess a commitment to excellence and the drive to make a positive difference in everything you do --- then we would like to talk with you! Our company believes in empowering our hotel management with the tools and resources necessary to achieve success for our owners, associates and 100% satisfaction for our guests.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
Hospitality professionals seeking a opportunities for promotion, a reputable employer, work-life balance and training & development are invited to apply today!
Escape from the ordinary in Southern California to our newly decorated luxury hotel—Hyatt Regency Westlake, located minutes from the scenic beaches of Malibu, California. With a unique combination of outstanding business facilities and a resort-like atmosphere, our Mediterranean-style hotel is an oasis of sophistication in the Westlake Village business complex in Thousand Oaks. Designed for the modern traveler, our Westlake Village hotel offers inviting spaces where you can think, and places to get away and relax.
Careers at this hotel: Hyatt Regency Westlake