A Director, Human Resources – Indonesia & Timor-Leste will manage Human Resource related activities including succession planning, talent management, recruitment, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations initiatives.
What will I be doing?
As a Director, Human Resources - Indonesia & Timor-Leste, you will be a strategic partner to regional leadership and help enhance performance through appropriate advice and delivery of People best-practice service. You will proactively manage relationship and provide HR advisory as well support through close partnership with Regional GM (RGM) Indonesia & Timor-Leste, GMs and Hotel leadership teams with regards to driving talent acquisition, talent development initiatives, internal mobility, Compensation & Benefits and standard HR operations matters.
Specifically, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Work closely with the Regional Senior HR Director and RGM Indonesia & Timor-Leste for the HR strategy/tactics and set yearly people target for the region.
- Provide a full range of consultation and support to designated population in all HR matters and HR functional coaching for the hotel HR team members.
- Manage people related and HR new projects/initiatives including Performance Management, Talent Review, Year-End Compensation Process, Diversity and Global Team Member Survey etc.
- Partner closely with all HR Functional Experts to lead the region implementations of new policies and programs in areas of Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting, and Talent Management to support strategic initiatives in reaching the business goals.
- Manage the talent pipeline and succession plan at the region level to ensure a strong HI-Potential talent pipeline to support the fast growing business, including leveraging the talent resource, talent development and L&D resources.
- Collaborate with University Alliances project leaders in facilitating the Universities’ relationship, follow up and monitor the Management Trainee/intern programs in the hotels.
- Manage ad-hoc requests and projects such as HR related transactions, Pre-opening projects, headcount/FTE approval requests and other projects and responsibilities as necessary.
- Collaborate with sub-regional Human Resource partners to ensure the delivery of HR services and solutions.
- Closely drive and monitor the region/hotel 9-box matrix updates, HR dashboard, People Audit and other tools and at the same time provide counselling and guidance to the hotel HRs for improvement.
- Establish and maintain links to the external marketplace/competitor landscape.
- Collaborate with RGM Indonesia & Timor-Leste and hotel GMs to communicate with the owners regarding Human Resources initiatives and programs.
- Advise GMs and HRD/HRMs in the region on owner relationship in relation to Human Resources matters.
- Assist the RGM Indonesia & Timor-Leste to prepare the pre-opening budget before the hotel HRD comes on-board.
- Manage HR Operations in the respective regional office/hotel position is based.
- Drive & manage the HR Talent Pipeline Program.
- Provide support and guidance to new HRDs.
- Attend monthly regional HR conference calls/Meetings.
- Conduct monthly meetings/calls with HRDs of each sub-region.
- Actively involved in the 4D recruitment process in all the hotels in the region.
- Collate, check and consolidate HR reports from the region for Asia Pacific headquarters.
- Advise GMs and HRD/HRMs in the region on business strategy and the operating plan which relate to HR issues, helping departments initiate and manage change.
- Advise GMs and HRD/HRMs in the region on organizational and job design, salary grades, Department Managers' HR effectiveness as well as the reward and recognition programs/celebratory events.
- Support and champion excellence in customer service.
- The key driver to the Global Team Member Survey (GTMS) action plans and the training hours within the hotel and region.
What are we looking for?
A Director, Human Resources – Indonesia & Timor-Leste serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field/equivalent.
- At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in Human Resources with exposure to and demonstrated competence in all functional areas and team management experience.
- Well versed in multiple facets of Human Resources with prior experience administering policies and practices, preferably in a global and/or matrix organization.
- Strong relationship management skills with strong track record of establishing credibility and delivering results.
- Strong knowledge of Indonesia local labour legislation.
- Fluency in English writing and speaking skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and written communication.
- Ability to direct collaborative efforts and marshal resources throughout the Hilton organization, including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Company goals.
- Ability to analyse financial data as required in order making strategic and tactical decisions.
- Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfil responsibilities in keeping with core strategic goals.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities; includes adherence to organization’s standards for performance feedback.
- Ability to evaluate and identify opportunities from a strategic perspective, including ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet organization’s core strategic goals.
- Ability to assimilate new concepts and practices into position and provide effective training to subordinates for on-the-job training, policies and procedures, departmental training topics and professional development.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong client focus and be able to effectively and quickly build relationships to establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Able to manage high volume workload and have a flexible approach.
- 10 - 12 years of partnership and/or hospitality industry experience (preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of contract negotiation (preferred).
- Experience implementing Human Resources Information Systems (preferred).
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!