Supports the outlet leadership team in providing supervision and direction to drive guest and team member engagement, achieve operational and financial excellence and uphold brand standards. The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations of the front of house teams for the assigned outlet.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise daily restaurant shift operations and ensure compliance with all policies, standards and procedures. Understand team member positions well enough to perform duties in team members’ absence.
• Assist team members on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
• Provide excellent customer service to all team members and respond quickly and proactively to team member concerns.
• Respond quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns and take ownership of guest complaints/problems until they are resolved or addressed.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting team members to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Meet with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on food & beverage quality, service and overall satisfaction.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
• Ensure team member recognition is taking place on all shifts and participate in all team member recognition programs. Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team members.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative internal and external relationships and ensure direct reports do the same. Assist team in developing lasting relationships with guests to secure repeat business. Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Train department team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Empower team members to deliver the ultimate guest experience. Observe team member service behaviors and provide ongoing feedback.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent. Ensure the environment of the department emphasizes motivation, empowerment, team work, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
Reports to the Restaurant Leadership Team. The Food & Beverage Supervisor has oversight for front of house team members in the assigned outlet.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 1 year of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Detailed Food and Beverage knowledge; demonstrated strong supervisory skills; and proven achievements in optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Experience successfully supervising in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in Food & Beverage financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
• Prior experience in a quality luxury hotel or restaurant brand; specifically in Restaurants and/or In-Room Dining.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us - Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as: