Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities of aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests. QUA
ESENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English and any foreign language with the guests and visitors, management and co-workers to their fullest understanding.
• Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
• Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
• Ability to input and access data in hotel computer systems.
• Ability to focus attention on the guest’s needs with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and to make good judgments.
• Ability to work well under pressure of arriving and departing guests.
• Ability to input and access data in hotel computer systems.
• Ability to exert physical effort in placing and removing guest luggage to and from the guest rooms and bell closet storage areas.
• Ability to remain stationary at an assigned post for extended periods of time.
• Ability to ensure security of guestroom access at all and in all particular situations.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Required Skills:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s.
• Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor/
This document does not create an employment contract, implies of otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive property in Miami’s South Beach. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us - Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Competitive healthcare benefits & delicious,
• Meals - which are free
• 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Career advancement, in-house training, education assistance.
Your South Beach hotel retreat is inspired by 600-feet of beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.
Thoughtful touches bring nature into your expansive room with reclaimed woods, ocean views, custom hemp-blend mattress by Keetsa and 100% organic cotton sheets.
Swim, sun and recharge on 600 feet of white sand beach at the Beach Club. Relax on a waterside daybed with full-service cabanas at one of two ocean-side swimming pools, or the adult-only 1 Rooftop pool.
1 Hotels offer everything you need for your business functions, wedding or celebrations, including unique meeting spaces, state-of-the-art technology, turnkey event planning, menus by an experienced Culinary team and private events available in Beachcraft with menus by chef Tom Colicchio.