posted August 11, 20191 Hotel South Beach
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Responsible for function room set up and cleanliness of banquet areas. Able to practice safety lifting techniques and safe work habits.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and set up tables, chairs, side stands, back-of-house areas, breaks, buffets, décor, carts, bars and stations to ensure execution of details outlined in Banquet Event Order. Prepare proper “mise-en-place” (i.e. food side duties included but not limited to slicing fruit or preparing garnishment for beverages or plates) for any event.
• Communicate guest orders and additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests to the kitchen.
• Serve food & beverage in the appropriate sequence and in tune with the expectation of the supervisor, Banquet Event Order and property standards so as to ensure consistency throughout the event.
• Make drinks according to standard recipes using the proper glassware and garnishment.
• Replenish beverages when necessary and check with guests to make sure they are satisfied.
• Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed. Quickly remove dishes as guests finish each course and at the end of each event.
• Respond to and fulfill any special event arrangements.
• Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
• Monitor tableware to ensure it is presented to guests including proper marking.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas practicing “clean as you go” while avoiding breaking and reporting all breakage incidents. Break down and remove any boxes and packaging used to unpack supplies and equipment related to banquet events. Return any service carts used to transport supplies and equipment to proper location.
• Run beverage tabs for guests as well as accurately close these accounts out at the end of the event.
• Tally consumption tabs accurately and record figures where appropriate.
• Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, dishes, glassware and flatware.
• Perform post event cleaning tasks and breakdown of service. Ensure all tables and chairs are set and the event room is clean and neat, returning all food and beverage items, condiments, and supplies to the proper area, prior to checking out with the leader on duty and finishing the shift and departing.
• Assist with room turns to complete the set up for events including tables, chairs, etc.
• Maintain high standards of food product, portion control, presentation, service, event supply quality, safety and cleanliness.
• Recognize and address potential intoxicated and/or disruptive guests by informing team leaders.
• Follow all cash handling procedures.
• Adhere to no solicitation of gratuities policy and no tip jars.
• Input real-time work orders via HotSOS on any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in HotSOS any and all guest opportunities.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgement, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Be gracious. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Embody the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Previous food and beverage service experience.
• Excellent communication and listening skills. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in English with service team and present specific culinary and wine information to guests. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members and ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries and complaints.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), group resumes, floorplans, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to write legibly (ie taking orders)
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
• Ability to remain flexible and adaptable.
• Must possess a high quality, detailed and service work ethic.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow all food and safety regulations and property standards.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Carry trays up to 25 pounds with one hand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers; to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, taste & smell. The team member is frequently required to walk, kneel, or crouch and must possess the ability to stand for long periods (more than 8 hours).
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
• Food Handling Certificate
• TIPs Certification
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities of aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor/leader.
This document does not create an employment contract, implies of otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Educational reimbursement
We are dedicated to…..
Maintaining and encouraging a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
Building and maintaining a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."
Your South Beach hotel retreat is inspired by 600-feet of beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.
Thoughtful touches bring nature into your expansive room with reclaimed woods, ocean views, custom hemp-blend mattress by Keetsa and 100% organic cotton sheets.
Swim, sun and recharge on 600 feet of white sand beach at the Beach Club. Relax on a waterside daybed with full-service cabanas at one of two ocean-side swimming pools, or the adult-only 1 Rooftop pool.
1 Hotels offer everything you need for your business functions, wedding or celebrations, including unique meeting spaces, state-of-the-art technology, turnkey event planning, menus by an experienced Culinary team and private events available in Beachcraft with menus by chef Tom Colicchio.