posted October 12, 20191 Hotel South Beach
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Senior Catering & Conference Service Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of meetings and events, serving as the liaison between the hotel operating departments and the client while striving to maximize both service and profitability.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate meetings, weddings, social events, conferences, exhibit shows and other special events and activities with accuracy and detailed communication for the client and hotel operating departments, providing the appropriate reporting, memos, Banquet Event Orders, Group Profiles and other communication as necessary.
• Drive revenue through upselling food, beverage, room rental and auxiliary services, such as audio visual provisions, storage, labor fees and other applicable fees while designing and managing meeting and event logistics to ensure labor saving measures.
• Maximize the hotel’s revenue potential by assessing/monitoring room rental fees, electrical charges, telephone charges, box delivery/storage fees, service fees and other revenue-generating factors in accordance to the sales contract and with regard to hotel policies.
• Coordinate menu arrangement for event clients that maximizes the revenue potential for the hotel, while serving the needs of the client.
• Coordinate Conference rooming lists, monitor cut-off dates, obtain rooming lists by the due date and in accordance with the sales contract.
• Assist conference clients with off-premise details as they may affect the hotel service delivery, such as floral/botanical needs, transportation requests, audio visual requirements, spousal programs, group arrival/departure patterns, while informing all supporting hotel departments and maintaining the integrity of the property and brand. All arrangements are to be assessed and the appropriate charges to ensure that the hotel receives a fair share of revenue in relationship to the expenditure of time and labor.
• Obtain the appropriate approvals for all purchases, rental or leasing of equipment or supportive requirements of event groups prior to and in advance of the actual date of use.
• Maintain accurate and current space (room) blocks, observing proper turnovers and releasing space appropriately and timely to maximize the revenue potential of the hotel through the booking of other business opportunities.
• Complete all special projects as assigned in a timely manner while meeting the specified objectives of the assigned project.
• Submit all event menus, event profiles, and event orders to the Director of Catering and Events for review and approval, prior to issuance.
• Keep the Executive Director of Catering and Events promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so that prompt and corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
• Maintain flexible hours to accommodate client needs, due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry. Catering & Conference Services Manager may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
• Schedule appropriate interdepartmental meetings for the operational aspects of coordinating event requirements, which may include pre-planning meetings or a pre-event meeting for the operational departments.
• Prepare detailed event resumes that are comprehensive, including menus, meeting set-ups, client profiles, reservation pick-up statistics and other pertinent information, and issue in a timely manner.
• Prepare a comprehensive post conference report, on all events, including actual event statistics verses projected (room pick-up, cover counts), profile of the attendees (i.e. use of the fitness center, in room dining usage, etc.), analysis of future potential, general observations and comments. Other important information may include the number of comps, VIPs, relocated attendees (walks) due to a sell to capacity (over sell), etc.
• Type contracts, banquet event orders, reports, correspondence as may be required.
• Participate in the department forecasting procedure, compiling accurate and timely reports.
• Review all client invoices prior to sending to ensure accuracy and proper assessment of all services and goods rendered by the hotel.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings). Attend departmental and sales meetings to review activity and performance.
• Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships and ensure direct reports do the same.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
Reports to the Executive Director of Catering and Events.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• (4-5) years of experience in a comparable position in a 5 star rated property.
• Detailed Events and Food and Beverage knowledge; demonstrated strong leadership and selling skills; and proven achievements in selling, optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in Events and Food & Beverage financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Events and Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
• Knowledge of hotel structure and interaction between departments.
• Prior experience with Delphi and HMS.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
* Build and maintain a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."
1 Hotel South Beach retreat is inspired by 600-feet of white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.