The Scott Resort & Spa has a BEAUTIFUL and TROPICAL resort backyard and we are seeking a talented pool technician with maintenance skills as well to care for our two pools, lagoon and assist with property / maintenance related requests. Thank you!
Come join our gorgeous resort and talented engineering and property team!
General Maintenance / Pool Tech
* Daily cleaning and chemical reads on main pools and Jacuzzi
* Respond to guest challenges and requests throughout the resort, making necessary repairs and/or accommodating the guest’s needs.
* Work with other departments to perform repairs as requested.
* Maintain all inspection and log sheets to guarantee preventative maintenance was completed.
* Visually inspect and diagnose problems, making repairs as necessary or as instructed by supervisors.
* Maintain inventory of supplies to perform job functions.
* Report major repair items or items that cannot be repaired to management within Property Operations.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor, and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. CPO a plus
Experience: Experience with all maintenance trades required
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of basic pool chemical reading and chemistry
* Knowledge of basic pool cleaning / maintenance
* Ability to achieve minor troubleshooting of pool pump and motor repairs
* Knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, water chemistry, and natural gas properties as well as the related use of hand and power tools.
* Skills in the use of related tools including hand and power tools
* Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties
* Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds
* Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period
* Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods
* Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
* Behaves ethically
* Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
* Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
* Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
The Scott Resort & Spa artfully blends the upscale appeal of a downtown Scottsdale location with the casual elegance of a lush desert retreat.
Imagine yourself soaking in the sun at our bright and breezy main pool, cocktail in hand from The Canal Club Poolside. Or, if you’re feeling more playful, wade into our sandy beach pool, where sand castles are definitely encouraged.
Delight in this lavishly landscaped oasis by day, and cozy up by the warm, romantic fire pits at night. At The Scott Resort & Spa, you’ll know what it means to get away from it all.