Great Opportunity with Hilton
You will assist the Senior Manager of US Tax Reporting in performing the US GAAP income tax accounting and reporting requirements for non-US income taxes and withholding taxes. You will also support the Director of International Tax Reporting on the Company’s global tax execution and strategy necessary to efficiently and timely achieve the department’s filing and reporting obligations.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
You will work with a team of tax professionals in the UK and the US to complete the income tax accounting reporting tasks required in the job function. You will be working with various local finance teams and external advisers to deliver work product on a strict time table. The Company’s global tax accounting function is located in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. The role will be directly serving the needs of this function, based from our EMEA HQ in Watford, UK. Essential functions included:
• Local country tax provision – preparation of US GAAP based current and deferred tax provisions for local countries on an annual and quarterly basis.
• Local tax provision true-up – preparation of true-ups for US GAAP based current and deferred tax provision for local countries on an annual basis.
• Position will assist with the tracking and facilitation of non-US tax compliance engagements
• Reconciliation of non-US tax payable accounts.
• Tracking and maintaining inventories of income and withholding taxes paid, including maintenance of tax receipts.
• Collaborate with local finance, external advisers, and other resources in non-US jurisdictions to obtain information required for financial reporting purposes in order to achieve efficient tax reporting processes.
• Perform special projects related to income tax accounting and compliance research and reporting, as well as other initiatives as directed by the Senior Director of Tax Reporting.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of other supportive functions, determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
What are we looking for?
• Ability to analyze tax returns and cash tax reconciliations
• Experience in tracking and documenting withholding tax receipts
• Ability to analyze books and records for tax sensitive activity and accounts
• Experience in analyzing and reconciling income tax payable/receivable balances
• Experience in truing up financials to local tax returns using a balance sheet approach
• Excellent verbal communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluent in Microsoft Office products, including Excel & Word
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• To hold a BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• To have a Bachelor's degree in tax or accounting from accredited university or equivalent
• To have significant overall tax experience with some experience in IFRS or US GAAP tax reporting
• Able to travel to the US once or twice, totally 2 to 4 weeks, annually
• Fluent in English
• To hold a MS/MA/Master’s Degree or equivalent
• US CPA or UK ACA/ACCA and/or ADIT/CTA qualified or is similarly qualified from overseas or equivalent
• To have extensive related experience including some managerial experience
• To have extensive overall tax experience with some of experience in IFRS or US GAAP tax reporting
• To be US CPA or UK ACA/ACCA and/or ADIT/CTA qualified or is similarly qualified from overseas or equivalent
• Excellent understanding of US GAAP or IFRS, specifically in the area of tax reporting
• Working knowledge in non-US tax regimes
• Experience in Asia Pacific income tax return filings or financial accounting
• PeopleSoft and Hyperion experience would be useful but not essential