posted January 5, 2020DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
|POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week. |
The Banquet Server sets up, serves and breaks down banquets in safe and efficient compliance with proper food handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|
· Attend pre-function meeting to learn function particulars including guest and hotel expectations.
· Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
· Set up function according to Banquet Event Order (BEO) including draping tables, setting silverware, folding napkins, preparing drinks and setting centerpieces. Ensure cleanliness of linen, silverware, and glassware.
· Set tables correctly and uniformly. Set professional, creative, functional, clean buffets.
· Greet and serve guests following policies and procedures.
· Assisting in all aspects of service.
· Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
· Follow check and payment policies and procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders
· Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down.
· Keep station neat and clean while serving guests.
· Break-down buffet or other special food service tables/equipment.
· Complete assigned sidework and related cleaning duties.
· On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
· Attend department meetings as scheduled.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
· Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
· Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
· Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
|QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below. |
Education and Experience:
High school education plus one or more years of related experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling, serving techniques and federal, state and local serving guidelines. Ability to properly process checks and payments in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
500 Mansfield Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
465 Room Hotel
The DoubleTree CARE culture focuses on creating rewarding experiences for our guest. We also provide opportunities for our team members to give back to the community by scheduling charity service work/collection events monthly. Our team members get to enjoy a fun atmosphere at work where one's own personality can shine through with both internal and external guests. It's the little things that mean everything at DoubleTree and Team Members get to experience special treats and events frequently. There is always something going on at the hotel, whether it be a CARE rally where we recognize and show appreciation to our team members or an event where the team members can bring their family members for a day of fun.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree has a variety of departments and there are different positions ranging from hourly team members to management. The hotel provides on-going training to help team members succeed within their positions. Open positions are posted, but the hotel strives to promote from within when possible.
So Experience DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree where every guest receives a chocolate chip cookie and a warm welcome. We are located just outside of the city just minutes from the Parkway West Green Tree exit. We also are close to a bus route. Help us to fulfill Conrad's dream to Fill the Earth with the Light and Warmth of Hospitality.