posted May 24, 2019Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
The purpose of the Group Rooms Coordinator is to perform all duties associated with the taking and processing of group guestroom reservations and assisting the Revenue Manager (or DOSM if no on-property Revenue Manager) ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction and profitability. Primary duties will also include rooms forecasting.
Essential Job Functions
• Compiles and completes reservation reports as needed
• Balances system daily and communicates with front desk during high demand times to ensure 100% occupancy
• Establishes group room blocks, inputs blocks and rooming list accurately and in a timely manner into the hotel systems
• Manages the group rooms pickup on group blocks
• Adheres to contract information when booking reservations such as cut off dates, room types, and block numbers. Does not override without approval of DOS or Revenue Manager
• Creates web links and group landing pages at the request of the sales department
• Responds to guest emails in a timely and professional manner
• Works closely with the property Revenue Manager to ensure that Operational Forecast and 90 Day Forecast are completed weekly
• Attends weekly Revenue Strategy Meeting
• Engaged with Revenue Manager on maintaining 3rd Party OTA website data integrity
• Trains on and is familiar with the property yield management systems (Reserves) to support the Revenue Manager in the event they are not available (i.e. Vacation, sick) and perform the duties.
• Group Coordinator works closely with the property Business Travel Sales Manager (BTSM) to assist with account tracking and making of Transient negotiated reservations as needed by the BTSM.
• Monitors and ensures the information in both property management system and reservation system is accurate (for Marriott branded hotels, manages Queues)
• Inputting rooming lists and conducting any changes noted from the Event Planners- Following up with clients and/or the event planners when completed.
• Maintaining all wholesale accounts- allotments, above allotment requests and reservations.
• Management of suite inventory and suite reservations for leisure and group guests
• Routing of group billing and proper communication with all other departments of any billing changes in regards to room reservations
• Building and maintaining house accounts, group masters and room blocks. Building group room blocks and ensuring that all groups past the allowed inventory date are built when systems allow. Ensuring that all room block information in system is current and correct.
• Employ operational and selling techniques to maximize occupancy levels and achieve the highest average rate possible.
• Provide accurate information regarding availability, guestroom types and accommodations, room rates, hotel facilities and services, local attractions/events, transportation to and from hotel, etc.
• Use correct hotel policies regarding hotel cancellations and deposit policies at all times.
• Promote special marketing programs.
• Maintain correct use of Market Segment Codes at all times.
• Maintain effective communication within the reservations department, and with all hotel departments. Be responsive to instructions and suggestions and work to resolve problems.
• Work closely with the Sales department regarding VIP and special requests.
• Maintain clean and organized work area and properly file shipping forms and information updates.
• Knowledge of computer to include reservations and front office systems. Ability to read, input, retrieves, analyze and provide information on data found in computer system.
• Perform and comply with all accounting procedures.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Auro Hotels Suites is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
This all-suite full-service hotel offers the most spacious and comfortable lodging in the Marietta, Georgia area. Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest offers all you need for a successful stay - extra-large suites with separate work areas, delicious dining, flexible meeting space and the latest wireless technology.
Enjoy your favorite Italian cuisine at Padella, our on-site restaurant and bar. Conveniently located off I-75 at Windy Hill Road, this Marietta hotel puts you in the heart of the Northwest Atlanta business center, and just minutes from Buckhead, Downtown Atlanta and shopping at the nearby Cumberland Mall. Suntrust Park, the new home of the Atlanta Braves, is minutes away and visible from the hotel! Let our complimentary shuttle service transport you to & from your local destinations within a 3-mile radius of the hotel. There is no time like today to book your weekend stay in Atlanta. See our "Offers" page for more information on deals and specials at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest.
Reward yourself with service and quality only this Hyatt Regency Suites hotel can deliver. View our Hyatt Destinations Atlanta City Guide for insider information on local culture, restaurants, shopping, events and more.