Ready to join an AMAZING HR family!
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies, and assisting with benefits and workmen’s compensation duties.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions.
• Compile review list and distribute to departments.
• Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
• Enter payroll information on computer (wage information, changes).
• Conduct prescreening interviews.
• Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment logbook.
• Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion logbook.
• Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of benefits.
• Compile wage surveys.
• Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
• Monitor Workman’s Compensation claims, complete First Report of Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
• Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits (insured and noninsured).
• Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee requests.
• Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
• Process paperwork for terminating employees.
• Maintain advertising logbook.
• Become certified trainer in all Human Resources training modules.
• Ensure compliance with all HR and related Loss Prevention SOP’s.
• Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
• Schedule Highgate Hotel Orientation.
• Assist in Highgate Hotel Orientation – explain benefits, conduct tour of property.
• Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
• Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
• Coordinate Travel Reduction Program, write Travel Reduction Plan, conduct yearly transportation survey.
• Maintain First Aid log.
Education & Experience:
• At least 1 year of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry required.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• College course work in related field helpful
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda welcomes you to our completely renovated hotel. This recent multi-million dollar transformation includes all new guest rooms and bathrooms, remodeled meetings space including a stunning rooftop event space, and a revitalized lobby in our 12 story atrium. Located in the heart of downtown, our Bethesda, Maryland hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers to the Washington DC area. We offer direct access to the Metrorail and several bus routes, and only a short drive from the Georgetown and the most exciting attractions in the Capital region. Host high level meetings or conferences in our meeting space, relax in our brand-new guest rooms and suites, and savor USDA prime aged steaks and seafood at the nationally acclaimed Morton’s, The Steakhouse.