CARNEROS RESORT AND SPA
JOB TITLE: Group Rooms Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Reservations Manager/ Director of Revenue Management
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE: To manage group room block to highest profit and sales efficiency, support DORM & Reservations Manager, drive sales through reservations for individual guests. To provide excellent customer service, clear and concise information while selling Carneros Resort and Spa in a manner which will encourage repeat business. Support the Hotel’s room night and revenue goals of highest occupancy at highest room rate.
Major Responsibilities & Work Activities: Group Rooms Coordinator
• Manage Group Blocks in PMS and Delphi, and communicate changes in inventory to DOSM and DORM.
• Generate communication needed for operations team.
• Runs daily reports from Synxis, Delphi, and/or PMS.
• Complete weekly Group Block audits to ensure accurate information if reflected in all systems and all rooms picked up or released from blocks with urgency.
• Check for accuracy all room list details to contracted agreement prior to room list entry. Includes room rates, commissions, concessions and billing oversight.
• Monitor all group rooming lists, responsible for data and monitor group blocks to support yield strategy.
• Room list entry.
• Responsible for the weekly Group Pickup Report.
• Responsible for ensuring Group blocks are released accordingly after rooming lists are entered.
• Attend weekly Group Resume meeting.
• Responsible for checking through all Group Resumes and entering data into bookings as needed.
Major Responsibilities & Work Activities: Reservations Agent
• Assist guests by selling future reservations
• Present accommodations, amenities, programs and rates to potential guests in a style that is both clear and persuasive
• Promptly follow up with guest inquiry leads for second chance bookings when appropriate
• Answer telephone calls and emails in a prescribed and professional manner
• Effectively manage daily correspondences and operational tasks to exceed customer expectations and expand customer base
• Maintain potential and current guest profile information in all computer systems including SMS and other programs as needed
• Assist customers with questions regarding their existing reservations
• Provide ongoing service to guests with existing reservations, including processing changes, cancellations, etc
• Process advance deposits, refunds and deposit forfeits for transient guests as needed
• Oversee, process and send Gift Certificate requests, reservation confirmations and brochures.
• Review arrival reports and make necessary changes
• Monitor waitlists, contacting guests as rooms become available
• Participate in any team/hotel training/completing required assignments
• Support and demonstrate hotel service standards
• To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner. Resolve customer service and billing issues for both guest and travel agents promptly and effectively.
• To assist DORM & Reservations Manager in managing room inventory, sales standards and to maximize average daily rate to occupancy goals.
• Monitor and clear room over-bookings.
• Attend group resume meetings, safety meetings, and management meetings as needed.
• Check voicemail/email messages several times a day; responding quickly to all guest or client requests.
• To assist DORM & Reservations Manager in maintaining accurate Reservations history files, travel agency, guest data base and group master files.
• To assist DORM & Reservations Manager in coordinating with the DOSM, Director of Rooms and other department heads to ensure efficient, professional and complete transfer of all Reservations information necessary to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
• To coordinate/train with Reception Manager to ensure that all package billing is error free for guests.
• Book, manage, and update small group business as needed. Be able to create/negotiate a contract to support extended cancellation periods for small room blocks.
• Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
• To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of Carneros Management, LLC.
• To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
• To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
• To practice safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
• To ensure safe work practices of all Reservations staff, including compliance with company and departmental safety rules and regulations and the proper use and handling of all relevant equipment.
• To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
• To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
• Early morning, evening and weekend work required.
• Receive, place and service VIP reservations.
• Review arrival reports and make any necessary changes.
• Assist with posting advance deposits for the Sales and Catering Departments, when needed.
• Additional duties as required.
• JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prior experience working with the public in person or on the phone.
• Detail oriented
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Friendly sounding, articulate voice with good vocabulary.
• Follow verbal and written instructions.
• Exercise good judgment.
• Dependable and flexible as related to shifts and duties.
• Ability to be emotionally controlled under pressure.
• Previous Group Coordinator experience is highly preferred, but not necessary.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Friendly, calm, detail oriented, organized and efficient. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. A quick study. High quality standards for production and service. Diplomatic and calm. Strong verbal and written skills. Courteous and professional manner. Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information. Safety minded. Willingness to go the extra mile.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works indoors throughout shift in temperature-controlled, clean, and well-lighted office. May need to walk and travel by cart within the property.
Examples of Equipment that may include but are not limited to:
• Fax machine.
• Telephone system and voicemail.
• Information Binder
• Hotel Property Management Computer Systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands or sits at desk for extended periods for approximately 90% of shift. Walks approximately 10% of shift. Constantly required to interact with people of all kinds in a courteous, friendly, helpful and diplomatic manner. Bends, climbs, stoops and lifts to perform routine job tasks. Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. over short to moderate distances. Heavy use of phones, daily.
GENERAL: Must comply with the Company’s Appearance and Dress Code policy as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: The position is classified as Full-Time and, upon completion of the Introductory Period, the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the handbook at any time and without notice.
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Although there's plenty to do in the Napa Valley Wine Country, many of our guests find that once they're here, they don't want to leave. One of the best Napa Valley resorts, Carneros Resort and Spa makes it easy to settle in and relax, offering everything you need for a self-contained vacation.
The Carneros Resort and Spa's design was based on cues from the local countryside - including barns, silos and ranchers' cottages – combined with stylish resort accommodations and modern interiors to capture the region's distinct charm as well as the needs of our sophisticated guests.Our Guests choose from one of our 86 luxurious cottages, 10 perfectly appointed two-bedroom suites or expansive 2 and 3 bedroom homes.
Relax at our infinity edge adult pool and hot tub overlooking the rolling hills and vineyards of Carneros or our family pool area with an elevated deck with shade trellis infinity edge lap swimming pool, children’s pool, hot tub and Snack Shack.
Once you've settled in at Carneros Resort and Spa, you may never want to leave. Luckily, you don't have to, with an abundance of Napa Valley dining options located right on the premises.
Our Executive Chef takes full advantage of the finest local, organic, and sustainably raised ingredients. Our culinary garden allows us to pick the freshest ingredients right on our grounds, and we craft our own breads, pastries, and charcuteries. What we don’t make or grow onsite, we try to source within a 150-mile radius of the Resort for the ultimate in flavor and freshness.