posted May 19, 20191 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
Supports the Harriet’s General Manager in providing leadership and direction to drive guest and team member engagement, achieve operational and financial excellence and uphold brand standards. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for oversight of the front of house teams for Harriet’s Lounge and Rooftop and for partnering with promotors, DJs, artists and entertainers to execute successful Nightlife and Daylife events.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and communicate a departmental strategy that is aligned with the property and brand and lead in its execution.
• Establish goals to optimize performance and hold the department leadership team accountable for desired outcomes.
• Partner with promoters, DJs, artists and entertainers to plan and execute successful Nightlife and Daylife events for Harriet’s Lounge and Rooftop.
• Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Supervise and manage team members and day-to-day operations understanding positions well enough to perform duties in team member absence. Ensure and maintain the productivity level of team members.
• Assist team members on the floor during operational hours and high demand times.
• Provide excellent customer service to all team members and respond quickly and proactively to team member concerns.
• Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action. Respond quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns and take ownership of guest complaints/problems until they are resolved or addressed.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting team members to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Meet with guests on an informal basis during service or upon departure to obtain feedback on food & beverage quality, service and overall satisfaction.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Identify the developmental needs of others and provide opportunities for growth and development to maximize talent.
• Develop the departmental budget and monitor financial performance to ensure goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed. Maintain a positive cost management index for departmental operations.
• Oversee the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, payment of invoices and payroll.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all team members.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships and ensure direct reports do the same.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
• Recruit and select talented leaders and team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Create a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent. Ensure the environment of the department emphasizes motivation, empowerment, team work, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
Reports to the Harriet’s Rooftop and Lounge General Manager. The Assistant Bar & Rooftop General Manager has oversight for front of house leaders and team members in Harriet’s Lounge and Rooftop.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 2 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Detailed Food and Beverage knowledge; demonstrated strong leadership and strategic planning skills; and proven achievements in optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Minimum 1 year of experience partnering with promoters, DJs, artists and entertainers to execute successful Nightlife and Daylife events.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in Food & Beverage financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work late hours and flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
• Prior experience in free standing nightlife or daylife venue.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us - Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as: