posted August 18, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. Vespera on Ocean will open to the public in Spring, 2019. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
We are currently looking for a Cook to join our Team at our Vespera on Ocean property.
Key responsibilities of a Cook include:
• Preparing menu items according to standard recipe, plating and time standards
• Portioning, arranging, and garnishing food to ensure proper presentation
• Labeling and dating all food items that are prepped and/or opened from their original packaging to ensure proper rotation
• Assuming 100% responsibility for the quality of products prepared and served
• Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
• Assisting other cooks during times of heavy business volume
• Covering breaks and assisting other kitchen areas during slow periods
• Assisting with storeroom duties as needed, such as receiving orders and rotating stock
• Maintaining professional communication with front of the house staff to accommodate all guest requests and special dietary needs
• Observing and testing food to ensure proper quality using methods such as tasting, smelling, or testing proper cooking temperature with a thermometer
• Maintaining a clean and organized work area
• Ensuring that equipment in work area is clean and in proper working condition
• Operating a variety of kitchen equipment
• Stocking, dating, rotating and checking temperatures of product
• Demonstrating the Evolution Hospitality Values and Guiding Principles
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must be able to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions, and basic requests
• Must possess proficient knife skills
• Ability to use cut glove and other kitchen safety equipment
• Ability to adjust to high pressure situations and be open to change
• Ability to work where there is frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high and low temperatures and humidity
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card
• Perform other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.