This role is a 12 months contract role, it is to strategize and lead various HSM projects in GCM with the
aim to simplify and streamline procurement processes. Procurement analytics to
provide insights for better decision-making to support China Strategy; Develop
an execution plan to implement long term goals and annual operational planning;
provide scalable and cost-effective procurement solutions to support rapid
business growth in Greater China.
What will I be doing?
As a Field Operations - Project Manager, you will establish liaison with, and manage performance and deliverables of internal and external service providers and strategic partners involved in the project as below:
- Develop the appropriate objectives for the business and direct the methodologies by which those objectives are going to be accomplished.
- Implement the direction from HSM and Local China team to ensure the overall strategic direction is consistent with and supported by Brand, Operations, F&B,Technical Service, Legal and other related functions.
- Lead, implement & track high quality services of project management for new initiatives and ensure high quality and on-time delivery. Organize and attend the project meeting where required.
- Analyze Procurement programs and measure them against corporate benchmarks as well as industry standards.
- Via deep-dive analysis to identify the procurement project fees opportunities
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company
- Project support will include but will not be limited to: Hilton Garden Inn Accelerator Project (FF&E; OS&E; Procurement Project Service; Technology/Platform/System); Procurement process optimization; Support the Project Management System; Procurement related projects
- Prepare high level presentations and summaries for use by Senior Management and communicated to the VIP owning companies(i.e. Shimao, Luneng, Jinmao, R&F, HNA, etc);
- Establish excellent working relationships with the following stakeholders; Regional Supply Management,Owners Representative,Brand, Technical Services, Project Directors, Operations, Opening, F&B project leader, IT, Finance preopening team, hotel General Managers and third parties, Hilton's global/international/APAC and regional vendors and partners that deliver capabilities to the project
- Disseminates, organized and communicates updates and progress regarding the project. Ensure the best practices are communicated and implemented.
- Inform Senior Leadership about project progress and highlight key issues to help the decision making progress. Regular contact with key stakeholders and maintain & communicate risks and issues throughout the project.
- Ensure approved Hilton suppliers are used and/or recommended when managing the projects, ensure the agreed procurement standards and processes and relevant third parties process are maintained
- Develop budget tool of HOE or partial FF&E to understand the cost per key
- Develop FF&E programs in local solution
- Establish and maintain confidential supplier files and databases including bidding documents, pricing, certificate of product liability insurance and general supplier information
- Support CR initiative when sourcing and developing program
- Understand and familiar with Hilton Policies and Procedures which revised from time to time
- Understand and familiar the system of CheckSCM, CPM,Ariba, Birchstreet, Hilton Marketplace, SharePoint, Tableau the Lobby and etc.
What are we looking for?
Field Operations - Project Manager serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Numeracy/analytical/understand how to interpret and present information
- Absolute discretion &confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written in Mandarin and English
- Ability to collaborate with internal resources and external resources as appropriate with aim of achieving Company goals
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handles multiple and concurrent demands
- Ability to work independently; includes the ability to recognize need for involvement of other team/peers and capability to effectively facilitate that collaboration
- Initiative, the ability to make things happen. The willingness to seek opportunities and take action to make improvements.
- Experience on the procurement system
- With opening experience handling HOE and FFE category
- Experience in hospitality industry ideally at corporate/cluster level
- Computer literate(Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel as required 15-25%
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!