The Account Manager, Hilton Worldwide Sales (Hongkong) will proactively manage and grow Share of Wallet
accounts for Hilton Worldwide. The role will look after these accounts on a local,
national, international and global basis, where relevant and be accountable for
the performance of their account portfolio. They will be required to
manage one key or multiple segments, either corporate, MICE, leisure, and/or
Chinese Local Accounts etc. They will create and communicate the account
strategies in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to
both internal and external customers.
What will I be doing?
Account Manager will work in the Hilton Worldwide Sales team with other account
managers / directors, and will be responsible for driving both group business
and transient business into Hilton’s portfolio of hotels on a national and
global basis. The Account Manager will be responsible for a set number of
accounts to penetrate across all segments of the business. The activities will include managing transient RFP's,
driving Group business conversions, organising familiarisation trips and
presenting to customers on new hotel openings. They
will also be responsible for identifying new accounts outside of their account
base, negotiating CMTG agreements to drive share and attending relevant
tradeshows representing Hilton Worldwide.
strategy and direction for the account base inline with the companies revenue
account management focus, quickly identifying which segments of the business
have the most opportunity to drive share.
and evaluates new business opportunities within their current account base.
strategic account development plans and supports communications of key messages
internally & externally..
customer RFP’s increasing the number of solicited and accepted hotels to drive
procedures and processes in relation to managing the account portfolio to drive market share.
- Accountable for
the delivery of the strategy and activities of their account base.
- Develops strong
relationships with key hotels that receive business from the account portfolio
understanding the hotels individually strategy
plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company’s revenue strategies.
- Manages the RFP
process ensuring the correct procedures are in place to support the client and
drive business into Hilton.
assignment of tasks ensuring optimum allocation of resources, utilizing the
Venue Finder and HWS Co-ordinator.
- Holds quarterly
review meetings with key accounts to review business performance vs targets,
identify opportunities and address related business issues.
- Develop and drive
sales initiatives to ensure account targets are achieved
relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and
reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Establishes and
develops long term effective working relationships with key customers to drive
- Networking with
sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
- Maximizing all
opportunities by developing relationships with third parties (MICE agents &
- To build,
implement and communicate the account strategies, delivering the expected
- To develop
Account Plans that specify objectives time-scales and sales activities to
support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account
identifies the level of influence and decision making power of contacts in the
customer organization and uses these
to secure business.
- Attendance at
Industry Conferences and events.
- Accountable for
communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a quarterly basis, along
with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
- Ensures regular 1:1’s are conducted with coordinator /
Venue Finder as appropriate to accomplish goals.
- Assesses actual performance versus the target to ensure
success and takes corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensures Account Development plan is followed and
achieved providing feedback as necessary.
- Ensures RFP processes are followed in line with the
Hilton Best Practice.
- Maintains Salesforce to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account
information is kept.
- To ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and
marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton
- Work with the support team (Venue Finder / Co-coordinator) ensure tasks
are carried out as directed by the customer.
- To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and
communicate future plans.
- Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account
addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be
required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with
the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the
supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure
productive and effective meetings are established and customer information
cross referenced and to ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer
value’ when dealing with a tender coming from a specific customer.
- Support office
head and AD to organize and participate in related sales activities, including
China showcase, cluster sales calls, FAM trips, customer appreciation event
- Attendance at sales workshops.
- Involvement in various projects to support the Hilton Worldwide
Sales team’s strategies.
- Support Colleagues to achieve appointments with our
clients for Sales Weeks.
- Plan and attend the Familiarization Trips that are
detailed in the account development plans to support driving market share.
- Additional supportive functions as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
Account Manager, HWS (Hongkong) serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follows:
- Excellent communication skills: presentations and written
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and
implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Strong problem solving skills including ability to
address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential
problems and develop problem solving skills in others
- Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate
professional image to customers and external contacts.
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
- Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams
including external resources
- Ability to analyze departmental financial data in order
to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change
and ensure collaboration among others
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour
and absolute discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to
subordinates to improve overall performance
- Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change.
- Prioritizes, organizes and uses a systematic approach to get things
- Ability to think and articulate a vision for business sales and capable
of translating this into practical and tangible actions.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Takes calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate
supervisor and other relevant team members.
- Contributes and is effective when team working with peers.
- Adapts quickly and positively to any new situations.
- University degree or experience in lieu thereof
- Work experience in customer facing, revenue generating
roles including management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international
- Fluency in English
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Advanced degree preferred
- Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue
or Operating roles
- In-depth knowledge of business sector manage
- International experience advantageous
- Fluency in English
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!